• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

breakaway tip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aquadog

Jan 6, 2003
hello
I just bought a breakaway tip for my seahornet and i have never used one before.the tip seems kind of hard to pull off and i was wondering if it is soposed to be that way? any info would be great
thanks
aquadog:duh

tip

The fit should be snug. What kind of tip is it? does it have barbs or is it ice pick style? Id say if it has bards you are OK bc if the bards deploy the tip is secure in the fish and it will likely come out on its own if it is ice pick style You migth want to call the manufacturer bc it could pull itself back through the fish, one things that becomes a pain is the tip slipping out on its own when you don't want it 2. If it is not snug it could also cause your accuracy to go down. If it works like it is supposed to it will save you from a bent shaft or lost fish when you do hit something big with it.
hope this helps a bit
good luck

spearooo
thanks for the advice.it does have barbs on it,I have recently started spearfishing for grouper and aj's and i was told this would prevent alot of bent shafts.
thanks again
aquadog

I have one of the slim kitto slip tips for my riffe... is it advisable to use a small o ring on these or shoot as is?

Rob

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT