• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Breathe Ups

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MANTA99

Jan 27, 2003
I'm trying to see if I can improve my dry static times by testing out some different breathe ups, would some of you guys describe you breathe ups so I can try them out and see if one of them is better for me?

sorry
but i don't have any constant breath up.
i just do it as it seems wright for me.(depends on how i feel)

there are some basic stuff i do follow:
1. calming down, slow breathing 5-10 min (i listen to music)
2. two deep breaths and first hold till first contraction (takes me about 2 min) - second attempt is simillar
3. 2-5min break breathing and calming - last 30sec deep breaths but trying not to hyperventilate (it took some time to learn that)
4. 3,4 attempt i do some packing to about 70% - i don't do max attempts anymore - hold 4-5 min.

Hope it helps, good luck!

Zipy

This is of course a big question on the forums....use the "search" feature, which is excellent!
Mine is basically this:
After stretching, meditating, hold breath for 20 contractions.
Breathe for 2 minutes.
Hold for 20 contractions (contractions should come later).
Breathe for 2 minutes.
Hold for 5 minutes.
Breathe for 4 minutes, hold for 10 seconds, 2 breaths, hold for 10 seconds, take 5 fast/deep breaths, hold for max.
Never look at your watch during the hold.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

hi

Alright Sven has smoothly shown what its all about. The FISH will have a good laugh at the idiot on the surface trying to prepare themselves to make a good dive He He.

But seriously for statics there is one word for me to do with breathe ups HYPERVENTILATION say no more.

cheers

Originally posted by Sven
hey, with all that breathup and stuff, whens a guy find time to shoot the fish.....
sven ;)

......hell, why bother with gear either...just dynamite them like they do here :head
;)
Cheers amigo,
Erik Y.

Nuking fish, like the perfect partner, sucks. All it does is ruin your resource and fool you into thinking it's all gonna last... huh?:confused:

Anyways, the fish ain't what it's all about. Indeed the best dives I've had involved no fish but instead surrounded me with a calm and secure feeling I can best describe as spiritual, my Higher Power swaddling me as it were. That's what its about.

Eh Erik? ;)

sven

fish?

Anyways, the fish ain't what it's all about.

Well put Sven. Diving with two buddies in their USA uniform and the best coach in the country. Hanging at 100 feet for a couple minutes to listen to the whales. Making the deepest dive of the day (even if I had to pull on the rope). I don't need no 'stinking' fish.
Aloha
Bill

Originally posted by icarus pacific
. Indeed the best dives I've had involved no fish but instead surrounded me with a calm and secure feeling I can best describe as spiritual, my Higher Power swaddling me as it were. That's what its about.
Eh Erik? ;)
sven

...I agree, but shooting fish aint bad either ;)
Truthfully, the feeling I have had stalking fish was something akin to the "higher power", Zen moment stuff. I felt....primal, visceral, and that I was actually a part of something.
However, dynamiting fish could also bring up a few divers, and therefore some free gear....survival of the fittest and all that ;)
Selamat ikut (Good diving),
Erik Y.

hey zipy was after similar info to manta - what do you mean by "packing at 70%", used to dive but has been a while and have forgotten all the jargon!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT