• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Breier carbon monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My opinion

The breier carbon mono comes in four flavors, DF1, DF2, S1, S2. The DF blades are okay, but the footpockets will have to be ripped off and replaced with real footpockets (waterway/finis). The breier footpockets are the worst in the world. Plus, the DF blades are still a bit too stiff, the S blades are way too stiff. Better off just getting a fin from waterway.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Silver,
Two of my friends, Ben and Fiona Gowland, use Brier Carbons. I don't know which variety though. Having used it for some pretty deep dives, he now thinks that it's actually too stiff for constant, and has since bought a Waterway LD1. He does like the Brier footpockets though. It seems the general concensus is that they're too stiff.... they're not cheap either! (Ben is a DB member, but may have missed this post - maybe you could ask him directly if you need any more info).

alun

on the subject of monofins, i'm a newby to the monoworld. i had bought a finis rapid some time ago, but after using it once, i was real unhappy with it. the biggest problem seems to be the foot pockets. they're super comfy, but also real stretchy so your foot slips and you have less power/leverage on the down stroke. i was thinking of reinforcing the outside of the footpocket with cable ties. i'm just interested in using this mono in the pool to get use to the whole mono thing. any suggestions?

thanks.

mike

i 've got a waterway model 2 LD, i use it for monofin races because the foot pocket is stiff.But for freediving and spearfishnig i prefer my breier because the footpocket is sweet for my feet. I cannot stay in the water more than two hour with my waterway monofin, it hurts my feet:waterwork .
when the water is hot like in a pool or tropical sea, it's difficult to bear a waterway(or finis) more than one hour.
PS: ;)if u don't want to go to finswimming races or world record freediving, get the breier.

I bought a mat mas mascotte from the deeper blue shop. It really sucks. It is very soft and the footpockets .....horrible ! Must get some good one`s.
Magne

Sebak Monofin

Has anyone tried the Sebak Freediving Monofin? They have the Omer footpocket and rails at the tips to channel the water and prevent side slip. They look really good. I just purchased a Waterway fin but haven't recieved it yet. I'm concerned about the footpocket being too soft. I like the idea of using a full foot like a regular dive fin for the mono. Any thoughts?

DSV

Monofins

I worked closely with John from Finis. I use the competitor Model, and have really enjoyed it. By working with John, I was able to select the appropriate footpocket softness and the right competition blade. After I received it, I was able to use it for about 2 hours straight and felt no pain at all. It fitted me like a glove. Now, I can go in the water for 5 to 6 hours straight and and still feel no pain. I even forget their are on my feet. Great fins. :cool:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT