• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Bringing family to freediving training program?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

delight

Jul 14, 2014
I'm still a beginner in freediving but thanks to a background in competitive swimming I reached 115m in DYN after a few pool sessions. My CNF personal best is around 33m. Now I'm considering attending a training program to explore my limits and learn more about freediving in a professional environment during 2-4 weeks.

Is it a good idea to bring your family (wife and two kids) to a training program in Dahab, Thailand or similar places? Would you have time to spend with them during mornings and evenings?

Absolutely - you will likely only want to dive once per day. You can also spend time stretching, training dynamic/static etc, but assuming you are doing this consistently at home, there is no particular reason to exert yourself with auxiliary training when you have the opportunity to dive.

Be careful with Thailand if you already have a 33m CNF - you are likely to find yourself depth-limited by the bottom of the ocean.

Dahab is meant to be the best place in the world to train, but it is very very quiet so may be tough for your family if they are not also diving.

Phillipines , Indonesia have a lot of depth as cheap if not cheaper than Thailand

Thank you for your replies! I will look more into Thailand and Indonesia as I'm sure my family would love those places too.

Anyone here has experience or advice to get young children acquainted with the ocean , diving or plain water fun. It seems like these parents figured it out really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT