• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

British Legality

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alimar7

Apr 24, 2003
Okay im from scotland and can think of nothing better than to spend a weekend camped on beach, with a bud in one hand a roaring fire infront of me. These reason im generaly at the beach is to go diving and a sudden thought flashed before my eyes last time i was there. Wouldnt it be nice to have a freshly speared fish sizziling on the fire.

So if i go out and buy a speargun, am i going to get arested by the first policeman that sees me. Remember im in scotland, so does anyone know if im going to be spending a night in jail or a night with my girlfriend on the beach.

Cheers
Ali

As far as I'm aware its perfectly legal to own and use a spear gun in the UK. However, if anyone knows different please let me know and I won't bother getting my new gun in a few weeks time!

nah ya b reet mate

I spent a few weeks up in Scotland last summer and nobody even cast a sideways glance or raised an eyebrow at the sight of a guy dressed in rubber with a speargun.:D

I guess as long as you aren't walking around the high street with it, I can't think anyone would have reason to bother you.

Not sure about the legality of it so you would probably be as well to check with the local fisheries department, failing that, get in touch with a local harbour master or the RNLI (usually around the same place) and they should point you in the right direction. The most bother I ever have in the UK is people getting upset when you light a fire :confused:

There's always sushi eh!:D

Good eat'n fella!

Ya can't beat good food and good company:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT