• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Brown crab Legal Size

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

scottwilson

Supporter
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
anyone know the legal size and how to measure brown crabs , often see them while I dive and my stomach is rumbling

right, I have been told that 140mm across the back of the crab is minimum size although thats seems a bit small really

fair comment mate, 130mm is a bit small and I would imagine there is not a lot of meat,. i think 150mm will be my MLS from now on.

You wont satisfy Podge with a little one like that - you need one like this-

Attachments

• P1020754(1).JPG
    P1020754(1).JPG
    123 KB · Views: 215
  • P1020843(1).JPG
    P1020843(1).JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: scottwilson
Now Thats What im talking About somebody hand me a hammer!!!! and a nice touch with the t- shirt Foxfish

... often see them while I dive and my stomach is rumbling
Lucky you - around Torbay? I've only seen one so far & that was in Cornwall, running up a rock ramp, it was small, only had only one claw and jammed itself solid in a shallow crack in the rock wall:D. I've seen plenty of spider crabs though.

That's a pretty serious crab problem you've got there Foxfish (cool T-shirt:)).

Last edited:
WATCH OUT MART! A Polar Bear is after your crabs!!!!:D

That is my brothers Akita - called Kita he was the most beautiful dog but unfortunately he died a few weeks ago.

By the way you may well find that the crabs you see buried in the sand are in fact soft & not in edible condition?
This is very common in Guernseys bays as the commercial fishermen often discard softy's from there store boxes.

Uummm crabs you can’t beat a bit of the sideways shuffle :p:p

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT