• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Buddy needed in Norfolk, East anglia, England

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freedive or scubaa

• any,

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • freedive

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
Hi Dannytspence. No more sleep for you for a while, it will all be worth it in the end lol
Im not sure how long we can get out in the sea for, season is at a end but as long as there is no rain conditions shouldn't be too bad.

whatsapp group sounds a good idea. i will pm you my number.

cheers

I have created a facebook page called Eastern Apnea to try create a freediving club for East Anglia. I plan to put photos of diving on here and try inspire others to get out on the water. Also would like to make it a platform for finding a buddy and sharing diving infomation I.E Tide times, wreck and reefs. Try searching for it on facebook if you cant find it let me know and i will add you.

peter sounds good. the whatsapp group is called east coast apnea. great minds! i have added you too it now. hope to meet up with you once the baby has arrived and settled.

Hi all,
I am looking to get into spearfishing and just came across this thread so signed up.
It would be great to meet with some local experts for advise and a chat.
How is the fishing this time of the year?

Josh

Hi all,
I am looking to get into spearfishing and just came across this thread so signed up.
It would be great to meet with some local experts for advise and a chat.
How is the fishing this time of the year?

Josh

Hi josh
Thanks for your interest. I'm afraid i am only a Freediver and as of yet haven't spearfished., so cannot give you advice on the subject, sorry. Would love to get into it tho, if you need a buddy give me shout!
if your up for freedive pool training sessions or freediving around East Anglia coast we have a few things going on at the moment that you might be interested in.
Also have a Whats app group for finding a freediving buddy's in East Anglia if you would like me to add you let me know? Also a facebook page you can post on to find a local buddy: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013890333506 (Eastern Apnea)
Its all fairly new but gaining popularity, we hope to be diving a lot over the summer months

Hope you find someone who can teach you to spearfish and if you let me know.

Cheers
Pete

Cheers Pete,
To be honest I will be mostly freediving and will just be taking a spear down with me when I am able for the chance for the odd one or two fishies.
The info I am after is about wetsuits and safety. I do a bit of kayaking so was thinking I could use this as my float.

I am up for training sessions, where do you do it? Also up for a chat over a beer :) I'm just out of Norwich, is there anyone local?

Cheers Pete,
To be honest I will be mostly freediving and will just be taking a spear down with me when I am able for the chance for the odd one or two fishies.
The info I am after is about wetsuits and safety. I do a bit of kayaking so was thinking I could use this as my float.

I am up for training sessions, where do you do it? Also up for a chat over a beer :) I'm just out of Norwich, is there anyone local?

Hi
Ok cool will have to meet up for a spear session when i the visability is a bit better. I use a 7mm Cressi tecnica for here in the UK but think you could get away with a 5mm or even a 3mm in summer. Training sessions are held at whittlesey pool and is £5 for two hours of pool hire. Add me on Facebook as as its easier to chat on there: https://www.facebook.com/peter.gosling.351

Hi Pete, are you still having the training sessions in Whittlesey? I'd be interested in coming along sometime. We used to have small club here near Newmarket a while back but people moved on. I've done my Aida 2 star and am looking to train for the 3 star course. I've dived but not freedived in Gildy. I think they are happy to have free divers there aren't they? Good there's more interest in our region now. Cheers, Mark. Diving on the reef in the summer also looks cool.

Hi all, appreciate that this is a very old thread but just wondered if your groups were still diving? I've just moved for work to E Anglia from W Devon so chuffed to hear there's stuff going on this side of the country!

Hi all, appreciate that this is a very old thread but just wondered if your groups were still diving? I've just moved for work to E Anglia from W Devon so chuffed to hear there's stuff going on this side of the country!
Hi Jofish, are you still looking for freediving buddies in Norfolk? Would like to get back into it when lockdown ends soon :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT