• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Buddy Needed St. Petersburg or Tampa

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

poacher

Dec 28, 2002
Buddy Needed For ST Petersburg-Tampa area.
A friend of mine that is new to diving- freediving, snorkelling only .
She would prefer another girl or a couple to dive with she has only dived a few times we dived together in Croatia on a holiday and she was really keen and quite comfortable in the water even after only about 5 minutes after the first time she wore a mask and snorkel.

Hey guys
Please try and help us out the girl here with the starfish in the pic could use some help she has been for 1 dive since returning to Fl with one of her friends but they had to share the mask any ideas on a good plce in Fl to get gear at a good price?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Peter

Attachments

• pula 2.jpg
    pula 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 198
Poacher
Sorry, not a girl or a couple, but I'm pretty safe, old enough to be her grandfather(almost). When summer diving season ends, I'll be making some trips to Blue Springs, going right by Tampa. She needs a wetsuit, but if she wants to go, welcome. Have her pm me.

Gear: lots of shops in her area, the internet will be cheaper, but local help is often worth paying for, especially for a newbie. DB's shop has great prices if you order enough stuff to overcome the shipping hit. Again, have her pm me for details.

Connor

I had a blast diving the man-made reefs near Marco Island (about 1.5 hours south of Connor as long as you're willing to drive like Jeff Richardson).

The folks at http://www.scubamarco.com/ are willing to take out freedivers. It's not like the springs, but I actually liked it better than Largo, even though it was not very deep and a little murky (30' vis, maybe 50' horizontal at times). Lots of life on those reefs. No wetsuit required, but a rash-guard is nice.

Last edited:
After a wicked samba, any driving seems fast, I guess rofl. Obviously I quickly developed native driving habits, or I woudn't know the "optimal" travel time from Sarasota to Marco. We'd drive fast in PA, but our roads are genuinely terrible.

I had a great time and I was trying to work out how to move my traveling circus down to FL. It's been a while since I visited anywhere and seriously entertained moving ...

Can't wait for the next trip down there.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT