• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SubSub

Aug 26, 2015
Planning for a equipment upgrade. Today I'm using a stiff, heavy and unresponsive Cressi Gara Modular plastic fin, so upgrading to carbon fins will be a huge step up from today! :D

I have been browsing extensively to gather info on what would suit me the best. I don't really have the budget for splashing out on something like a BleuTec, C4's, since I'm also getting a new suit, and some other stuff, and when looking at fins in my price segment the Fins4U seem pretty good....
...but!, there is little to none proper and recent reviews on them (other than those on their own website) and most of the other info I can find is ancient, from like 2013. Anyone with recent experience from them / from this product?

What is the difference between the "Pure Evolution" and the "Pure Evolution DP" other than looks? Is there a different feel?

I have never really tried a carbon fin, so I have a hard time guessing what to expect from it feeling-wise and what hardness to chose, so any suggestions would be great! I'm 185cm, 95kgs and dive 20-23m with the Cressi fins. From what I have read I think I'm going for the Soft, perhaps Medium blade.

Regarding the Pathos footpocket that come with the fin, there is two options "Standard" and "Soft". Which would be the one for me? Does that depend on the hardness of the fin maybe?

What'ya guys think?

Did you buy the pure evolutions? I was looking for my first carbons aswell and tried finding something inbetween leaderfins and the top fins in price and the conclusion was the Pure evolution and nautilus carbons that they make together with Deep Apnea.

I ended up ordering the Pure Evolution DP, so now i'm just waiting.

As you said, there's almost no reviews out there so if you did buy them please let me know how they are.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT