• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Building a wooden gun (triggers)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

portinfer

Aquatic shopper...
Jul 3, 2003
Hi
I am going to build a wooden gun.

A small euro style one band gun for hunting quick fish like bass. Probably similar to a Totem Guizzo.

Anyway - where can I buy a trigger mech from ?

I don't want a complete handle, I would like to shape the wooden handle and use a simple trigger mech like in the Totems.

Cheers
Ed

trigger

take the trigger from a old gun, push out the pins and pull it out, its a little box with the trigger going out in the bottom. I myself think that the omer trigger is very smoth, just dont put very heavy load on it over 2*16

I dont have a spare old gun !

I looked on scubasote but didnt see any - does anyone know of any good sites to order triggers ?

Cheers
Ed

I believe www.spearfishing.com.au carries just the trigger cartridges. they are in Austarlia, but ship worldwide. I have never ordered from them, and don't know what the shipping would be to England(?) but it's a start.

Im sure if you ask Dave from Spearo.co.uk he could get you a trigger mech from Rob Allen or where ever... it wont hurt to ask! :)

Euro triggger for wooden gun

The best trigger for your prject would be a trigger insert from Picasso. You can get either the Century or Basik models. These fit into the plastic hand grips and you could also just fit it into you timber gun stock directly if you like as you are planning to do. You can get them from www.spearfishingshop.com. Good luck

You can buy a trigger at:

-www.spearguns.com
-http://ic_spearguns.tripod.com/main.html
-

Hi all, I was wondering if one of us may have/share informations.

I 'm looking for trigger mech but I don't want to buy one, I want to made one.

So, I have the drawing (scale 1:1) of the Riffe one, MP me if you want it.
I also have a drawing of a very sensitive trigger mech ( called "triple demultiplication" in French)

I think it might be interesting to share those informations, why not writing a kind of article "Trigger : DIY" < well, I've never try to do one as I've just moved in my new home... and it's more than a mess...

I think that there ain't nothing about DIY trigger on the web. I made one by myself.

I made a copy of the old "two parts" trigger of Kitto. It works very, very well. I made it very sensitive. I'm planning to do other triggers, but they will look like the Totemsub. The box is easier to do.

I began to do a replica of the part of the gun where fit the trigger
Once my trigger was done, I fit it there and made some tests to adjust the line release system. Once it fitted, I take the measures and did the same on the good gun. It all fits very well.

It seems hard to do, but it's not that tough to do. If you have plans, cut the parts and do some tests and the modifications needed, and it will be done. You'll be able to have a trigger as sensitive as you want.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT