• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

bungie jumping

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
Alright, I understand the need for bungie floatlines while bluewater hunting but I also understand the financial statement from my bankrofl

the question is could I add a 10 ft bugie to my 75 ft floatline, on the gun end, and still be quite effective? So it would be shooting line, 10ft norprene bungie(3X stretch), 75 ft floatline, floats(2)

gearing up for the lumps, expected game is tuna(+/- 100#) and wahoo(50#+)

That would work fine. I use a similar rig to save on the pocket-book. Also helps to make your own bungies, but be careful if you choose to do so... :blackeye

Sure, but you gotta watch the bungie around anything sharp. Open water wise, sure. Around the legs or any junk, I'd be all for forgoing the next twelve pack and making some long floaters.

Then too, if someone(s) here wanted to go in on a roll, and a bag of plug/swivels, I'd put in my share...

sven

hi

That setup is fine unless your hunting WR yellowfin, We've tried a 80ft float line with a 4m bungee it works good even when we dive on the razor sharp reef. Using a total bungee float line would get cut up first fish. Though i guess you are talking about that midnight lump out from the missisippi. I was reading somewhere that it comes from 500ft to 190ft. True blue water.

cheers

Rig , if you are diving somewhere with a potential for nicking your bungee , you can also put the bugee at the end of the line in front of the float . It will still have the dampening effect on a fast running fish .
I prefer this setup when in water less thn 30 m. , specially if there are ignobilis around .

hi Abri

I always put the bungee at the float end couldnt imagine putting after the shooting line or at the start of the floatline. Im always in less than 30m anyway cant dive that deep.

cheers

ps is Ignobilis a Gt.

cheers

Iggy = GT .
Yeah Andrew , a bungee in the front lessens your control on the fish .

hi

Yeah I dont shoot those any more their not as good tasting as other pelagics. Hey but if I see a 100lb+ trophy I will shoot.

cheers

I've got 10ft of latex tubing I usually use for snubbers (micro-bungee shock absorbers)

all this talk of bungee lines seems to point to Neoprene - anyone had any complaints on latex bungee's? I've been using them for shooting line snubbers for years.

Willer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT