• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4-300 footpocket

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

HooSlayer

Oct 20, 2018
Anyone used these or seen reviews? Looking for info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181112-200808.png
    Screenshot_20181112-200808.png
    267.7 KB · Views: 249
Was wondering myself. There's not much out there unfortunately.

Generally what I was able to establish is that they are comfortable with a sock (confirmed by two divers). They are NOT made of rubber but what seems to be a harder composite. Therefore the footpockets come with a shoe horn as it's not that that easy to get your foot in. They are said to be incredibly light weight. Heard opinions they are well suited for freediving but not so good for spear fishing due to their stiffness (that comes down to personal preference I guess).
If you search C4 300 on youtube there is a video where a guy puts them on. You can see how the material behaves and bends.

Will update when I hear more.

unfortunately it seems that alchemy v3 30s only fit this footpocket. at least thats what i make of alchemy's site

... actually i just checked my old emails with alchemy. this blades ONLY fit the C4 300 pocket.

what makes them bad about spearfishing being stiff? like they are bad for many hours of surface swimming ?

i can see having to use a shoe horn when getting on and off the boat many times while spearing being annoying as all hell

That's correct. I have confirmed this a few weeks ago with Dimitris from Alchemy.

Their other fins are a bit short for my taste (75 cm). I will be trying this footpockets on next week in florida. I will then be able to decide if I'm ok with them and then get the v3 30s

Their other fins are a bit short for my taste (75 cm). I will be trying this footpockets on next week in florida. I will then be able to decide if I'm ok with them and then get the v3 30s
Did you end up buying the v3 30s?

I bought a pair of c4 finns with 300 footpocket and they are sizewise correct size if using 3mm to 5mm socks in them. is easier to put on if socks have at least fabric on underside so easier to slide them on. size 42-43 is size 42 foot with 5mm socks fit.
I use a pair of smooth 6.5mm socks for Winter and i had to get a pair or bigger footpockets 44-45 for beeing possibl to use them with the finns. My foot is 265mm 42,5 euro size for reference.

i did not like this pocket at all and got pathos instead. it was scrunching my toes and that would get painful during long swims.

Reactions: PoseidonSv
A semi related questions - are the prices on the Alchemy site inclusive of VAT and does that get taken off at checkout? I'm considering a set but they're quite a bit more than the competition.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT