• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 Blades and old Gara footpockets?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ntrik

Jan 27, 2004
Hello People

Does anybody know if the old Cressi Rondine Gara footpockets will accommodate C4 blades?

Yes they do, but the holes at the end of the footpocket don't. You need to drill a new hole in the blade. This isn't a big deal, but C4 pre-drill the holes for Omer/spetton/tecnosport/sporasubs. The only footpockets I know of that are available now and that use the one hole system are the Picasso footpockets (there may be a few more).

Thanks Ben

Will they be less stable if they are attached to the footpocket by only one hole? Also cause im not much of a DIY person is there any danger of the area around the hole chipping/cracking, should I drill it myself?

They should be stable with one hole.

The hole should be OK - just use a decent drill bit (not masonry!) and don't try and get through it too fast.

Cheers Ben id give you karma but the new forum regime seems to have scrapped the facility.

I have the c4 (30) blades with the Picasso footpockets, which, as Ben correctly said, have a single hole and they work perfectly (I used them quite intensively in the last year without any problem). Clearly, I also glued the blades to the footpockets to avoid any problem.

Bye
G.

I am using waterways on picasso footpockets and they are marginally a little less unstable than the 2 holed footpockets. Blades tend to move a little right and left centering the hole but it is like 4mm or something.

Hi Ntrik,

Another solution that doesn't require drilling the blade should be possible. My old set of rondine garas has two holes but they don't line up with the holes in c4s. I drilled through the hard rubber in the foot pocket, to match the holes in the blades. Looks kind of ugly but seems to work fine. If your pockets have enough room for new holes and a cable tie in front of your toes, this should work for you.

Connor

Connor

Id definitely sooner drill through the footpocket rather than the blade but what do you mean by "cable tie"? Otherwise should be no problem the footpocket rubber is super hard and should hold nicely.

Ntrik,

Cable ties,clamp ties, wire ties,not sure what to call them , very common plastic gadgets for tieing together bundles of wire. They come in all sizes and have a head that contains a one way latch hole. Slip the tail through the latch and it locks at whatever diameter you need. Perfect for this application and cost next to nothing.
If you wear fins barefoot, make sure your toes don't touch the tie, it gets irritating pretty fast. Insert the tie so that the lock mechanism is on the bottom of the fin, away from your toes.

Connor

Search google on "cable ties", you'll find some pictures and recognize it easly. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT