• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 Falcon 15 fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I can only second what derelictp has said ... I have been diving for 20 years plus in some form or other - having had a scuba school, long offshore commercial diving career, u-w hockey, spearfishing ... I was under the impression that with all that time in the water, my body would have somehow found the most efficient way to move by itself ...
I then did a freediving course with Umberto/Apnea Academy and a large part of this was working on getting someway towards a decent finning technique ... part of this was an individual video analysis. This was a real eye-opener ! If you look at Umberto's style it looks incredibly efficient and effortless - yet when you follow him down on a dive you have to work *really* hard to keep up while he seems to be hardly working at all ...
So, like derelictp says: everything must start with good technique!
I have a lot of "unlearning" to do and part of this will be switching to softer fins (from C30s/Escaplez black/Omersub Millenium black).
I am only trying to decide whether there is enough of a difference between the 30s and 25s ... or do go with the 15s (i am around 1,86m / 90kg and concerned that with a 5mm the 15s may be a little too soft to get off the bottom) ... if it wasn't for the cost, I'd get both ;-)

regards,

Hummm
Interesting.
At the moment I have Omer plastic fins, and that's true they are a bite stiff.
I could arrange to be filmed, but I don't know if it is easy to spot something wrong. I don't really know what is a good kick to be honest. Is it having strait legs? I might need to train then :/
It will be difficult to test some fins. Almost everyone I dive with use monofins.
I think I'll stick to my plans: training with my plastic fins during the winter, and focusing on the technique then. Wait until the start of summer to buy the C4 (as I am almost sure it will be C4) this should give me some time to decide which one!! But at the moment, according to all I read, it would be the Falcon 80.

Thanks for all the advise again, that's useful.

I did not used C4 YET but carbon fins have different response, snap, memory etc.. than plastic blades for this reason they should have different kicking technique:hmm

"I did not used C4 YET but carbon fins have different response, snap, memory etc.. than plastic blades for this reason they should have different kicking technique"

I'm not so sure. For decades I've used one of the softest plastic fins ever made because it was so comfortable for those long days in the water, mostly on the surface. The short faster kick with a straight leg works fine, even for -40 meters, and with all the C4s. With the carbon fins (especially the 80s) you can kick bigger and slower to get more efficiency after you leave the surface. It's easy to tell if you are overpowering fins.
Aloha
Bill
P.S. Peter's advice is the best kind, when it comes from much experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Memo
Hello Bill,
I know form the earlier posts you are using 80s and your constant weight pb . As a 44 year old man myself ,I was thinking jeajously that you are in the 50s from the earlier posts ,but I have just learned your real age from your homepage and now I am leaning with full of my respect.
Aydýn

I've just ordered the C4 Falcon 25, I will tell you what I think as soon as I receive it

I've just received my C4 Falcon 25.

I think they are ... beautiful :cool:

well, seems not enought stiff but I have to try them in real condition before saying anything wrong.
They come with TECKNOSPORT footpocket (same as old Sporasub ones).

Can't wait this week end!

If you think they're too soft I'll swap ya a pair of 40's for them. ;)

Jon

well 40 ??? THAT's too STIFF...
Anyway, if you come in France, bring you C4 with you... I'll show you some incredible freediving in Port Cros national Natural Park(Kind of yellowStone but under Sea!!!)

Higher up in the post it mentions waterway fins are good for speardiving. What are the advantages of waterway fins?

on a side note has anyone tried the matrix blades?

Matrix fins use the waterway blades so they are the exact same thing.

Cece - how do you like your C4 Falcon 25's ? Have you got used to them yet ?

What sort of conditions are you using them in ?
Cheers
Ed

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT