• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 Falcon blades for sale.......

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jimdoe2you

freediver/spearo/comedian
Sep 26, 2005
Hello everyone :) ,

I only have two pair of brand new C4 Falcon blades left, one pair is 30 and one pair is 40 stiffness. I do not use 40 stiffness and I already own a pair of Falcon 30 and Flap 30, so I don't need these extras that are just laying around.

C4 Falcon 30 = $280
C4 Falcon 40 = $260

Get'em now while they're cheap because they go on ebay this saturday with a $310 reserve price. (shipping within the US is $7)

Jim

:)

Thanks everyone. The last blades are now sold. Congratulations to everybody who took advantage of these great deals!!!

(......and too bad to the handful of tire kickers who grumbled at the price. Obviously the opportunity to purchase brand new C4 blades at almost half off wasn't good enough of a deal rofl )

Jim

(......and too bad to the handful of tire kickers who grumbled at the price. Obviously the opportunity to purchase brand new C4 blades at almost half off wasn't good enough of a deal rofl )

Jim

:)[/quote]

Congrats on your $100 profit compared to what you bought them for off e-bay:inlove The blades were a good deal if you don't have to buy the pockets as well. If you have to buy the whole package then it is cheaper/as cheap (within 20$) to go through a shop. That way you get the warranty coverage as well. Glad you sold them Jim.

Last edited:
Gman, ...........I had no idea (as you were one of the people who passed on buying a pair) that it would be such sour grapes. It seems like you really took this all to heart. The good news is, just keep a watchful eye out as there are good deals all the time on ebay. Something more suiting to your situation will show up. :)

Please also realize that for many of us who already paid for and own a few pair of pockets, we only buy the blades. This is why pairs of fin blades themselves are available for sale. For some of us (like those who purchased these blades) who only need blades, this was savings of about $150 to $170.

Good luck,

Jim

Reactions: gman and spaghetti
I apologize if I am coming across like sour grapes. I really am happy that you got everything sold. I do indeed hope to be where many of you are one day and have only to buy a set of blades.

If my PM's and e-mails did not get to you then there must be something wrong with my system. If they did get to you it would have been nice for you to at least tell me to go jump in a lake or something rather than ingnoring me.

I have been out of touch for a while, so I am sure I just have not gotten through all my emails to get to your messages. Again, I have no sour grapes over not getting the blades. They were not appropriate for my situation, and the folks who need them got them.

All the best,
Gman

At first glance I thought they were expensive because I saw them on spearfishinggrear.com for 208$ but I didn't read the fine print (its actually not that small but I was just looking at the price) where it said that was the price PER BLADE :head .

Anyways, I was about to spend money which I didn't really have so it's ok. I'll just keep searching for other good deals. Or wait until Jim upgrades to new fins and sells the ones he uses now.:)

Yeah, they are very expensive blades. There is a place I found that sells the C4's with the Omer pocket for $359 per pair. The Flaps are like $402-ish for a pair with the pockets...Of course I would have to pay sales tax.... Since I have to buy a set of pockets anyway for at least $100, but probably more like $110 plus shipping, it was a better deal for me to buy the whole set. Plus I get the warranty. For a guy in my position, it just made more sense to buy the whole package for an extra $18.00 new. When I am in the market (mood) for an upgrade I hope Jim will consider dealing with me as I will be in the same boat as him in terms as blades and pocket.

Peace forever!
I can assure that Jim's price was absolutely honest (even cheaper than in Italy, where C4's are made), and I'm glad you finally came to rub away any misunderstanding.
This happy ending deserves a drink! :friday

Reactions: gman
I can confirm too that the offer was honest and very interesting, although it is true that sometimes you can manage to see C4 blades for less on eBay. However, you need to be lucky with bidding, and you can also experience bad surprise once you receive them - it happen to me with eBay more than once. I'd prefer buying from Jim or another similarly established DB member, and could not care less for how much they originally got it. Either the price is interesting and then I buy them, or I think it is too high and then I ignore the offer. I do not see any point in accusing the seller from dishonesty or making money on it. I hope it was not the intention of your original post but it sounded so.

As for foot pockets, then I am sure you can get them for much cheaper than $100 - for that price you can have entire fins with plastic blades. And yes, Jim was right - most freedivers have some old foot pockets waiting for upgrade around. Only very few freedivers can afford starting with the most expensive C4 fins right away before even knowing the sport and being sure they can enjoy it.

Well, I would very much like to formally apologize and retract any and everything I ever wrote. It was not my intention to accuse or abuse or ridicule or otherwise inflame anyone. I was not accusing anyone of dishonesty. As I look back I am trying to figure out what exactly was going through my mind. Perhaps it was the rolling in laughter thing following the line that made it seem like those of us who could not take advantage of the deal were mouth-breathing troglodytes too foolish or just plain stupid to see the eeal for what it was. Actually as I look back up at it now it kind of pisses me off agian. So I guess that was it. I took the post personally.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

Believe me, it will NEVER happen again.

Put me out of my misery and ban me.

Cheers

Last edited:
gman said:
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...
Cheers
Stay with us, mate. We're all friends in here.

spaghetti said:
Stay with us, mate. We're all friends in here.

That is what I thought and what I was really hoping. That is why I was so totally blown away by all this. Second to you Spaghetti, I think I am the nicest guy on earth and one of the easiest to get along with. I have never had any sort of turmoil like this centered on me before. I am sorry.

trux said:
As for foot pockets, then I am sure you can get them for much cheaper than $100 - for that price you can have entire fins with plastic blades. quote]

Can you show me where? I would love to latch on to them.

gman said:
Second to you Spaghetti, I think I am the nicest guy on earth and one of the easiest to get along with. I have never had any sort of turmoil like this centered on me before. I am sorry.
I'd rather say that the nicest guy is Jim.
Maybe I shouldn't have coped with this discussion: not my business. But now that' I've done it, let me say that the nicest guy on earth is Jim.

gman said:
Can you show me where? I would love to latch on to them.
You may find some links in the forum archive - this is an often discussed topic. In the local store I sometimes order things from, they have them for 32€ (per piece) it means almost $80 for the pair, which I consider quite expensive, because you can buy right the Omer Millenium Winter fins for practically the same price there (65€). However, I am sure I saw Sporasub foot pockets for barely the half of the price, I just do not remember where - you will certainly find it in the forum archive, in Google, or in eBay.

spaghetti said:
I'd rather say that the nicest guy is Jim.
Maybe I shouldn't have coped with this discussion: not my business. But now that' I've done it, let me say that the nicest guy on earth is Jim.

I'll take your word for it and believe it. The few times I exchanged with him he was helpful and polite and supprotive. I do not know what else I can say. I'm down and out:ko

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
[I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha
Cool.
Actually, I will sell a pair of c-4, 25 flaps (used once plus the pool test), send me a PM, I am doing some pool test and will sell them, no foot pockets, but, dont get mad a me if
you dont read this first and act fast.
R

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT