• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 Graphite help

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

spoone123

Nov 29, 2015
Anyone here own a C4 Graphite that could help me with my current problems?

1.) Do you keep your reel tight or snug when firing your Graphite
2.) How do you fix the muzzle where the shaft rest. Mine started to crack at first use.
3.) How long is your mono line? up to the point where you use it to hold the shaft onto the muzzle?
4.) Which band should go which shark fin?. So far the front band for me go to the first shark fin and second (longest) go to the back fin.

Barrel.jpg
Handle.jpg

I have never seen one in the flesh so cant help............ but the muzzle should not be cracking at all, its not a cheap piece of equipment, I would contact the manufacturer or retailer for a replacement and advice.............. just a thought ;)

I have never seen one in the flesh so cant help............ but the muzzle should not be cracking at all, its not a cheap piece of equipment, I would contact the manufacturer or retailer for a replacement and advice.............. just a thought ;)
I did contact them and they said to use superglue and put it back together. Not a very good experience there.

o_O I am genuinely shocked, that is utterly outrageous........ oh well its not as if this is a spearfishing forum and I am sure that such awful customer service could ever possibly influence anyone that is in the market for a high end carbon fibre spear gun:D

Although that doesn't help your current situation, the retailer and/or the manufacturer are obviously not overly concerned about their customer's satisfaction and experience, so hopefully someone on here can help, my only useful suggestion would be to contact Trading Standards or their equivalent, depending on your country. Good luck anyway and sorry that I couldn't help ;)

I use Epoxy to fix it and add extra on the out side and a precaution. Now I just have to go test it out

Can't help you on much of this.
I do a bit of epoxy work myself and if you cleaned the surfaces nicely, used a good epoxy and mixed it according to specs, I think (hope) you should be fine.

Obviously, it should not have come off in the first place and if C4 feels that super glue and DIY repair is OK, then to help that message come across in a nicer fashion I hope they apologized in a proper way. But they could also have sweetened the deal by sending you some trinkets. Spare rubbers or an extra spear or what do I know. Wouldn't have cost them much but would have left a much better taste in your mouth.
C4 is not at all the only carbon fiber guys on the block now and you would think they would start being aware of that.

In reg. to the reel, the most common is to set it just tight enough that the fish or spear can pull from it, but not so loose that a good yank on the reel line will start making it free-wheel. Free-wheeling is what can result in your reel tangling and blocking and a big fish will then have a better chance at pulling the gun out of your hand. The same if the reel is set to fully locked.
Not all reels are created equal in this regard - some are difficult to find the sweet spot on and others can't hold the level of friction once the reel actually starts spooling. But many are fine and you will soon get to know yours.

I shoot pneumatics, so I can't help your with your other questions.

Can't help you on much of this.
I do a bit of epoxy work myself and if you cleaned the surfaces nicely, used a good epoxy and mixed it according to specs, I think (hope) you should be fine.

Obviously, it should not have come off in the first place and if C4 feels that super glue and DIY repair is OK, then to help that message come across in a nicer fashion I hope they apologized in a proper way. But they could also have sweetened the deal by sending you some trinkets. Spare rubbers or an extra spear or what do I know. Wouldn't have cost them much but would have left a much better taste in your mouth.
C4 is not at all the only carbon fiber guys on the block now and you would think they would start being aware of that.

In reg. to the reel, the most common is to set it just tight enough that the fish or spear can pull from it, but not so loose that a good yank on the reel line will start making it free-wheel. Free-wheeling is what can result in your reel tangling and blocking and a big fish will then have a better chance at pulling the gun out of your hand. The same if the reel is set to fully locked.
Not all reels are created equal in this regard - some are difficult to find the sweet spot on and others can't hold the level of friction once the reel actually starts spooling. But many are fine and you will soon get to know yours.

I shoot pneumatics, so I can't help your with your other questions.
Yea I repaired my gun epoxy and it is working nicely now. The epoxy makes the rail really slippery in the water and less friction I guess.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT