• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

c4 guns in the states

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

holdown

Sep 9, 2005
Is it possible to have C4 monoscocca shipped stateside? Also does anyone have suggestions for cutomizing the band set up on riffe H gun? I'm not certain if its the switching between euro and american guns, but i find the accuracy in the latter to be less than ideal. Mahalo

Hiya

Drop Mark Labocetta a pm on this forum. Great guy, with lots of hands on experience. He'll be able to help you out!!! :D:D:D

Regards
miles

Miles, Is right

Mark is the OMER Distributor for the entire America and he also has the C4 line of fins and blades. I do not know if he distribute the spearguns.
He will tell you the best way to find it.

Cheers

Ivan

ivan@freediveforlife.com

Hey fellas, what a weekend here. Rode my bike down the board-walk with the wife and it's blowing 30k+ out of the North East, this hurricane is supposed to sit and pump swell and wind for a week...these things churn the water up so badly if they come on land-hope it stays offshore.

Holdown, a lot of people install that front wing kits/risers on their bigger Riffe's like the one you got. From what I understand (since I don't own one :duh ) it has a tendency to bring the bands more in line with the shaft and stabilize the front end from recoil. You should ask someone who knows more about them first though.

On the C4's Ivan is right, we distribute their products in America except for the guns, we used to bring in a few guns but there was a conflict of interest so to speak with Omer. The great Californian champion Rene Rojas on the West Coast is selling them now, you can contact him at buzo@pacbell.net
Get ready tro drop a chunk of change if you're interested though, at least $500 or so. They're not cheap but they're well made all in carbon fiber and titanium. Light for two bands but very accurate with one.

Mark

Last edited:
i heard that C4 now started to deliver ballanced guns for specific setup. You tell them with what configuration you intend to use it and they adjust the weight according to this, i am not sure but they may even change the shape of the gun to absorb more recoil or to move better in water with light recoil setups :) Ain't that pretty???

Murat, close but no cigar! You almost had the Italian translation deciphered but it got the best of you :)

What he does with his guns is basically design each gun size differently around its center of gravity and ballast placement consideration in the mould design. Since for each gun size there is a specific mould, and you can't exactly change a carbon fiber mold cheaply or easily once it's been made, the longer guns like the 130's tend to have a different shape than say the 75cm and 90's, with the objective of making the gun as easily to handle and maneuver through the water taking into account its size. This is one reason they are such a well like engineered spearguns in Italy, he calls it a natural extension of your arm in the water without any firm linear (strait) limitations such as a traditional round barrel speargun, like the shape of our arm for example isn't round.

A very optimistic undertaking in as far as carbon fiber spearguns are concerned, and based mostly around the use of the power of one band to achieve the optimal balance between bands and power.

I talked to Mr. Bonfanti once, the owner and mastermind of C4, and when we spoke about what the logistics of trying to do the same thing for a properly balanced blue water gun, the amount of carbon fiber needed to make it, and mostly the cost consideration kind of shut the idea of the project down fast.

This is why teak, as high end and seeming expensive wood as it is, is a ten times easier and more cost effective alternative to build a properly balanced multi band gun with the above mentioned considerations. The cost is much, did I mention VERY MUCH, more affordable and realizable and less than half the trouble. Milling it and shaping the wooden barrel is ten times easier and cheaper. You didn't didn't hear Bonfanti say this though, I did :D To him carbon fiber is obviously the best material for anything in the world regardless of cost :)

Last edited:
yeah bleu makes multiband carbon fiber guns for bluewater, as you mentioned the price is very high but if its works i pay it gladly. Of course if i ever need one here, since bluewater thing is not common in med, well at least not in here. You should have big boat, know the places to go etc..etc...time of the year also for species i guess :hmm

The mould thing you mentioned about C4 guns is true, i also knew it that way but i think they most recently changed the policy and stated to make ballanced guns for specific shaft and band config. May be they take special hand made orders, i don't know :hmm may be i misunderstand it since i read it in italian forums with an aid of online translator. rofl rofl Anyway C4 is seems good but as far as i observed in italian forums every single owner, wrap lead weight to the front of the speargun to properly ballast it and absorb the muzzle kick,even with single band light shaft config.This is not kind a DIY i expect to do very high end and expensive speargun, as long as i don't rig it very wierd setup.

I don't know if you ever watched Dapiran's dentex movies, In prima parte (first episode) he used C4 100 (single band, propably with 6.5mm shaft) but with speacial wood cover made himself to optimise the ballance, even in that situation in one of the slow motion captures you can observe that shaft is going lover than aim point because muzzle lift the back half of the spear while leaving the gun. Although some says C4 spearguns are not light guns at all even for carbon spearguns, i guess the problem is front being light rather than guns overall weight, as you know front section is also thin :hmm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT