• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Camo Gear

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

oreana123

Dec 1, 2003
I just received a shipment form the Hawaii'an dive shop Hana Pa'a. I purchased a camo hood and a set of camo gloves for a very good price even if they were not camo! The quality and fit are perfect and what a difference a hood makes to body temp. The only thing is that I trap a little air in the hood and have to adjust my weight belt accordingly. All Camo all the time. John S:D

Can you order from them on line?

When I go to Han Pa'a wb site I dont see any where to order.

Thanks,

Apache~:t

You can order the camo gear on the Hawaii skindiver website. Or you can call the store. If you call the store youll probably get the item delivered faster.

camo hood

I know that this is going to sound very minor, but I am thinking about cutting a hole in the top of my new hood. I have never dove with a hood before in 35 years of diving. I used to have more hair to keep my head warm:cool: I think a very small hole would let out the airbubble that I have after surfacing, without sacrificing too much insulation loss. Although it is a small aggravation, I am striving to enter the water with no bubbles trailing. The fit of the hood is otherwise perfect for my head. Or is there some technique (like not surfacing) that I am unaware. John S

camo hood

This answers my previous post: I altered my new hood with a paper punch to let entrapped air escape. The paper punch did not completely cut through the hood material, it left a kind of louvered look like gill plates. Today I picked up my new fins:D at the LDS and I saw a display hood that had a vent sewn in from the manufacturer.
Sporasub H Dessault fins for the footpockets and soon to be special-fins blade replacement. John S

I use a hot nail also. Either side so that my ear canals are exposed directly to the water. Lets the air out and water to my ears only. Had a bad ear infection a couple of years back and thought it might be due to a closed hood trapping the same water in my ear canals for hours on end. No problems since.
Peter

Camo Hood

I like the idea about the ear holes. I will do that tomorrow, as I am tired from two sessios in the pool today. My new fins are way better than what I had, I just doubled my dynamic distance PB. John S;)

Camo Hood

I like the idea about the ear holes. I will do that tomorrow, as I am tired from two sessios in the pool today. My new fins are way better than what I had, I just doubled my dynamic distance PB. John S;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT