• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Camo suits are essential for spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If you are wearing a fish, you aren't really naked. However, it does take some special effort to get the slime off.
Wi' tongue?:D Fair point. Let's hope it catches on ;)

Last edited:
More proof from last week that camo is a must.

Attachments

• damfinshot.jpg
    damfinshot.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 264
Bill

I agree with you camo is BS, it is definitely a generational thing, my 8 year old son just loves any thing with camo on it. Just another way to appeal to young buyers.

Reactions: Mr. X
what we should wear is: red camo or just red. at 30 ft it disappears to greyish, but on the surface it is easy to spot,(so you wont get runover by another boat) i agree that the fish can sense you with their lateral line, they just arent smart enough to understand projectile weapons.

I have heard that in open water conditons certain suits like the omer ocean and Dahlak Mimetic are seen as a bait ball to fish actually drawing fish towards them, fish are curious and hungary. fishes depth perceptions and contrast arent quite as acute and especially in low vis conditions the overall shape and outline is broken up. However i do agree my camo suit doesnt seem to be drastically better than my black one. I did read in Terry Maas's book Freedive, that fish are more scared of patterns that do not match like mixing patterns or wearing a camo rashguard over a black suit while the legs and fins are still. but it makes me feel way cooler so thats why i wear the camo and i look way less like a seal, so G DUB wont be as interested in me!

Whatever floats your boat, as long as you realize that its strictly subjective and can never be proven.

The company that makes my custom suits used to offer black only, and that was OK with me. Now they offer black or green, so I have a black/green combo. Its still OK with me. The important things about a suit are fit, price, and durability. After that, I don't care if its pink.

but it makes me feel way cooler so thats why i wear the camo and i look way less like a seal, so G DUB wont be as interested in me!

Oops, I neglected replying to that.

When Randy Fry was instantly beheaded by a great white at Fort Brag in 2004, the shark went right by his buddy, wearing black, to get to him, wearing camo.

But whatever makes you feel good.:)

• Wow
what we should wear is: red camo or just red. at 30 ft it disappears to greyish, but on the surface it is easy to spot,(so you wont get runover by another boat) i agree that the fish can sense you with their lateral line, they just arent smart enough to understand projectile weapons.

I have heard this idea before and it sounds very good. An Italian (OF COURSE) firm make a red cammo suit.

Cue Spago with link, pricing, and why Italians are cool and make cool red things..

• Love
Reactions: Mr. X and spaghetti
I have heard this idea before and it sounds very good. An Italian (OF COURSE) firm make a red cammo suit.

Cue Spago with link, pricing, and why Italians are cool and make cool red things..
You cheeky bugger! Right on we italians make cool red things loved by hot chicks such, say, Jessica Alba. Remind of her acting in "Into the Blue"? Well, now she's into the red! HA!

BTW Elios makes red camo spearfishing suits in Yamamoto 45 newprene. Spear fishing

Attachments

• jessica_alba_campari5_0_0_0x0_360x540.jpg
    jessica_alba_campari5_0_0_0x0_360x540.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
She's into me cuz of my big gun *wink, wink*........hopefully H20 will clear up around here and we can all go hunt.

A hui hou

I wear my camo suit so that i can stand on the beach flexing my biceps and sucking in my bear gut, its my version of when a peecock flashes his feathers :)

Plus it makes me feel like james bond ;)

Reactions: Mr. X and Erik
I wear my camo suit so that i can stand on the beach flexing my biceps and sucking in my bear gut, its my version of when a peecock flashes his feathers :)

Plus it makes me feel like james bond ;)

Didn't James Bond wear a red wet suit top with white speedos? :p

What? For that hot 'medical emergency' look?
Man, those were strange times.

But Bill, might it not, not hurt?

I never said camo would hurt. I'm just not sure that it helps.

I can see that guy in the photo, and its a still photo. What if he were moving, making vibrations that a fish could feel? And of course I don't think we know what a fish's eye sees anyway.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT