• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Camo wet suit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have used Boston Industrial Solutions Natron NxT Series ink (white) and had fairly good results with it. Painting neoprene is not the easiest thing and needs a specialized ink/paint, I had to make sure the ink went on very thin otherwise it would eventually peel off even though it is quite flexible. I would love to know what Elios or Polosub uses to paint their suits because that stuff is really on there. Of course I am adding white to my suit to improve visibility so my buddies can see me in low visibility and it is fun to add patterns to my suit.

Painting or dyeing a wetsuit to change its color is possible, but it's important to approach this process with caution as it may affect the performance and durability of the wetsuit. Look for paints designed for flexible surfaces or outdoor gear. Thoroughly clean and dry the wetsuit before painting, and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper application and drying times. Keep in mind that paint may affect the flexibility and stretch of the neoprene, so test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the wetsuit first

I tried several paints on my old nylon skinned wet suit. Most came off but I still have a couple of small, faded spots of white and green that I can live with.

I think artists oil colour worked best for me but takes 6 months to dry :(

I also tried green then blue camo vests over my wetsuit. Better but didn't notice a difference.

I wear a Mares camo weight vest now. Possibly the best/simplest camo solution. :)

I own a camo wet suit too now but I tend to agree with Bill, hasn't made any noticeable difference for me so far. :/. Hard to tell though. Black is probably harder for fish to see.

Nothing wrong with Camo. But I wouldn't mess up a good black suit trying to make it camo.

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT