• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Can anyone explain the difference between fuego's and falcon's?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Newbie_spearo

AKA Not So Newbie Anymore
Jan 28, 2008
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a pair of C4's for spearfishing mostly but also freediving when my dive buddies have lost the urge to kill things (for food of course). I can't seem to see too much of a difference between the fuego's and the falcon's apart from one being slightly wider then the other? I have had a look at the website but there is so much text in each section about each fin and the translation isn't great that by the time I've read the second fins info I've forgotten what the first one said?

Thanks for any help, Jono

Reactions: Don Paul
Falcon are traditional carbon blades that may fit in many different traditional footpockets (H.Dessault, Omer, Spetton and others), while the Fuego are sold as a whole fin set (carbon blades+footpockets combo) featuring the very particular Mustang footpocket, with left/right feet anatomic shape and strings to adjust the fit.

Well there is more to this. There are also falcons that have the same footpockets as the fuego. They are called super falcons and they are cheaper than the fuego by alot. The difference between the super falcons and the fuegos is the the fuegos have the VGR rails and the super falcons have smaller more standard rails. But from my eyes both are very similar fins in terms of shape and they both come in the different stiffnesses of 25, 30, 40. The only difference I can see is the difference in the rails and the pricetags.

SUperfalcons were the model before the Fuego, so they are the same fin however the price change is not just for the rails but also for the carbon type.

the Superfalcon was around with the T400 carbon era where as the Fuegos came in aound the same time that C4 went to T700 carbon fibre. hense the price difference.

DD

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT