• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Can you repair silicon?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

arbateman

Jul 16, 2002
Is there any kind of adhesive that will repair silicone? I have a small rip in the edge of my mask.

Thanks
Alan

If no one comes with something better I'de try transparent silicon glue. just a thin layer should supply enough seal and should'nt affect flexibilty too much.
I'm not talking from expirience though so it's limited waranty. :)
Try to ask also in a dive shop, maybe they'de know.

Good luck.
Tell me how it ended.

Since silicon actually cures (chemical change I think) you need to desolve it a bit some how, and it seems that silicon based glue does not stick to silicon very well, I just am not sure what that solvent is and which glues have it??

alan

Apearntly you know much better than me on this then. :)
I was just shooting in the dark.
A high risk solvent might be heat, but I'de look for other stuff before using a welder on my mask. :D
I'm out of ideas for this one...

Email the manufacturer of the mask and ask them what to use. Keep us posted.
Jim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT