• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cannibal maybe!!!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pablo

Breather... so far!
Mar 9, 2004
Check out this one!!!!

Attachments

• fish_spear.jpg
    fish_spear.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 514
Hiya

Wicked Picture!!!

Looks like SMEAGOL has taken up spearing!!!!!

:D :D :D

miles

Hi Pablo,

A few years ago I saw an article in a online newspaper (can't remember which one) with similar picture to that one.
Now, it was about some guy in the med (maybe Italia, I think) that that had an accident while trying to load his pneumatic speargun!
He had a spear trough his skull, entering the below the chin and exiting right on top of his head. Accordingly with the news the guy stayed like that for about 6 hours motionless in the water until the marine police went looking for him. Fortunately he got all right and the spear didn't cause apparent brain damage.
One similar situation to this one happened a few years ago here in Portugal with a kid and the “bow shooter” national champion. A kid popped out of nowhere after a football into to the middle of a shooting range in a demo show and got caught by an arrow right in the head. The arrow entered 2cm above one ear and exited right above the other ear. Kid stayed conscious all the time and came out fine too!!

Talk about Luck!! Ouch!!

Cheers,
Rui

as i remmember accident had happened in greece, and yes he survived, miracle?

By the way very nice idea pablo:cool:

The five-spear prong is likely going through the fish which the hand is holding. The hand is not speared. I doubt if you had five spear going through your hand you would still be able to hold on a small fish (but then again some people around here take their hunting pretty seriously :duh )

Angelos

Reactions: bobbybuttr
X-RAYS

Whatever this guy is doing, x-rays should be avoided. Have you heard of neoplasms, that's right...cancer. My advice to this guy or girl is to stay away of X-rays. :naughty . Well, about the spear accidents around the world. I remember that a similar accident happened to a spearo in Cuba. The guy survived, but that was a close call. You guys must know that Cubans make their own spearguns with whatever material they can steal, so I assume that it was not properly working.

Originally posted by PEDRITO
You guys must know that Cubans make their own spearguns with whatever material they can steal, so I assume that it was not properly working.
Hmm, sorry, I don't know many Cubans, none outside of these forums atleast, so I have to ask: do they have to steal the materials for the speargun? or can they also make it without theft being involved?

Hey, you're talking to one. Well, let's put it this way: Everything in Cuba is ruled by the Cuban government. What I mean by that is that everything you have (house, car, children, etc) is the government's property. So, having that in mind, do you consider that you own the rubber which is used for the speargun, do you own the material which is used to do the shaft, do you own the material which is used to build the rest of the speargun's accessories which are all home-made? I don't think so, sir. You may be asking: well, instead of stealing, why don't they buy it from the store? Believe me, any Cuban who would be reading this far, would be laughing already. Anyway, a doctor in Cuba earns $400. 00 Cuban pesos, which $1.00 dollar is $20.00 pesos. Wait, do you think it's over...don't think so, a pizza costs $5.00 dollars, not pesos...a bottle of Coca Cola costs $2.00 dollars not pesos...5Lb of steak costs $10.00 dollars not pesos...a bottle of milk... ...wait, what is that? This question would be asked by Cubans of course. Why? After 7 years of age you don't need Calcium. This is stated by the Cuban government. So, I assume that Osteoporosis is a common disease in Cuba. Now tell me my friend...would you waste your money on buying a speargun if there's any? I thought so.

Yeah, I remember this cuban friends (well the parents of...) that use to do quite well over there. when they decide to move to spain the government keep everything... I mean 2 houses, a clinic, the boat and anything else they had work all they lives hard for... I'm not sure about the spear gun!

Once in spain they need to start all over... hard one at 45 and 3 children... luckily I was there to take care of the older daughter :D:D :inlove ... amazing people I must say, absolutely amazing!

They need to leave quite fast after someone find out that they weren't respecting 100% the party policy in health...

Yeap

Well, I had to leave everything back there as well. I came here when I was 14 now I'm 23. I haven't gone back after that...when he (Castro) goes, I'll go.

Hey

Well, guys enough of politics and let's start talking about spearfishing. We look like old Cubans talking about politics.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT