• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

canon g10 vs g11

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
aperture was the first. I also remember a time when all we could use for RAW was Fstop with other Linux Applets, Camera Raw, and the Canon crap software.

renepotvin you mentioned setting the white balance, but if you shoot in raw i think you can adjust this afterwards. i just leave mine on standard and play with it after... did i miss something?
i will have to take a look at lightroom... been using PS4 elements which i've got used to... do you know if you can adjust the exif data in lightroom? i've been using a program called exifer which works well for tagging...

Yes ofcourse there is not need to set balance if you are using RAW, you can do that in the luxury and comfort of your home PC. I like Lightroom but to be honest the Canon software (I think now is version 3.7) is excellent if not slightly better at processing RAW images. With underwater pictures I find you cannot batch process images accurately because the white balance changes with almost every meter depth!

Photoshop CS4 is fantastic in fixing your pictures properly and it usually has updates to the latest RAW formats. If you can't find your camera being supported, you can always convert your files to DNG format. DNG is a universal RAW format that you can use without worrying that your particular camera's RAW format will become obsolete.

A software I would highly recommend is Topaz labs plugins. They have a great high ISO noise cleaner which realistically gives you an extra stop or two in ISO levels. Plus it has one of the most accurate and quickest masking tools on earth.

Does anyone have the G11 yet? I'm thinking of getting one.

I have tried the G9 and it is quite impressive for a point and shoot camera. It surpassed all my expectations. The G11 should be much better as it "fixes" one of the G9's main problems, which is poor ISO performance after ISO 200. The G11 is supposed to be 2 or 3 stops better, which will make a world of difference under water. If you plan to use it underwater, I highly recommend you turn off the flash unless you have crystal clear water. Otherwise get some good quality strobes. For the price you pay for the camera and the housing, it is IMHO a very cost effective and capable package once you learn its limitations.

I've ordered a G11 with housing/strobe, I'll let you guys know how I like it!

I'm getting the canon housing (really can't afford anything else) and an Intova ISS 2000 strobe. There's a kit with these on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Waterproof-Underwater-Accessory-PowerShot/dp/B002SPW30A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1257350364&sr=8-5]Amazon.com: Canon WP-DC34 Waterproof Case + Intova ISS 2000 Underwater Slave Flash w/ Arm & Mounting Bracket + (2) NB-7L Battery Packs + Accessory Kit for PowerShot G11 Digital Camera: Electronics[/ame]

I'm getting the camera separately through a Canadian distributor.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT