• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Canon G7

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SpeerO

In My Solitude...
May 14, 2006
About to buy this cam for my underwater hunting.. anyone here using it? what do u think? good choice or is there a better choice? I want to be able to take photos and videos. Any advice?

Thanx in advance

Zane...

Jimdoe2u has one - haven't heard. I and several others have the s80 - which we all like. From the stats it looks like the G7 may be a bit better in low light (native iso 80 vs 50 for the s80) But I'd have to try one to know. I'd say you're definitely in the right ball park though.

Ok i already have a Canon G5.. do u think it would be a waste of money to get the G7? should just get a housing for my G5 and use it or is it not that good underwater/low light?

Anyone here use a G5?

Thanx
Zane...

I know I decided not to upgrade to a G7 from the s80 - if I were just getting a camera it might be different - but the s80 rocks and more megapixels is really more of a marketing trick. If you had the G6 I'd say definitely not - the G5 I don't really know much about.

Here is a good review

G7 Review on DPreview

Ok thanx then.. i guess ill have to research it some more before i jump on it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT