• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Captain nemo's

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Thor

Mar 30, 2004
Does anyone have any info about the new waterway captain nemo's?Ive yet to get a reply from my e-mail to Peter.I cant find any prices on the website.

The Captain Nemos are a black version of the Waterway Powerblades, fitted with Waterways own, new footpockets. The fibreglass used is actually black (not painted), but performance is exactly the same as the brown powerblades. The footpocket is similiar to the Sporasub, but slightly lighter, with a stiffer "sole" section, and more consistent production quality than the Sporasub, Currently they are available in 41-43 and 44-45 sizes, with 38-40 and 46-48 coming soon
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

They look really good.
Especially for spearfishing.

What would be the equivalent stiffness to Sporasub dessaults ?

I am presuming that they are a good surface/spearing fin due to the toe angle.

Looking to get something with a bit more efficiency than the Sporasub Dessaults.

Perhaps the #1 or #2 has better snap than the Sporas and is soft for long sessions ?

Prices ? Couldnt see any. (Even a rough idea would be good)

Cheers for any advice.

Thx for the reply Dave.The answer i got back from Peter was that the blades were 115 and the pockets were 50 a pair,all prices in USD.

You cant really compare stiffness with Sporasubs, as the action is totally different. You will not go back to plastic blades after using the Waterways. I would suggest the #1 if you do a lot of surface swimming (I use #1 for everything, as I find softer fins more efficient)
Particularly on soft fins, the toe angle thing is a non factor if you have a good finning technique
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

SO a full set (blade plus footpocket) is about $165 which is about £100 ?

Seems good to me.

Cheers Dave - will go with the #1's if I go for them.

I contacted Waterway europe by email - no answer - anyone know a good way of getting hold of a pair of these fins ?

Like I say I have a pair of Sporas but was looking for a slightly better fin.

I dont go very deep (to 15m or so last summer) but hoping to improve and thought this might help - (ie sheeeet I have spent all this money on flippers - better get down there and get on with it !)

Need something that will withstand rocks / spearing type finning too.

The other option seems to be specialfins.

The toe angle on these Nemos seem better : any comments on likely fins to suit my style ?

Cheers - Ed

Hi,
I don't know where you are located but www.waterlook24.de is Waterway dealer. They have a webshop and the prices are quite fair, especially because you can cut on the postage prices normally asked for by Waterway.
Unfortunately they do not have bifins by Waterway in stock, but just ask - perhaps they can order them ?

Veronika

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT