• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carbonated Sodas and Freediving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bjpete

Apr 28, 2004
Many High School and College coaches will discourage althletes from consuming carbonated beverages while they are involved in sports because it will reduce their performance. Does anyone know if there is similar results with freediving abilities with using drinks like 7-UP, Root Beer, and so forth? They can be caffinated or non-caffinated drinks.

I have always had performance enhancing effects from all types of soft drinks, even coke!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

"not quite" flat coke at hour 5 of a 6-7 hour race has never hurt me!

Darryl Caves

carbonated drinks contain c02. Your body is trying to get rid of c02. Breathe ups are designed to get rid of c02. Why drinking c02 would enhance performance is beyond me. Caffeine and sugar on the other hand... though honey would be better...

With respect, I think that the performance from the beverage is due to 02 and sugar and caffeine - and despite not because of c02. I'm willing to be proven wrong though.

this goes back to a question i posted elsewhere - does anyone know if the stomach can absorb oxygen?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT