• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Carrying Bag for Gara 2000?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

drwonga

Apr 22, 2002
I travel abit, and I would like to find a gear bag that will hold my fins...does anybody have some suggestions? A backpack style would be much preferred over a shoulder or duffle type. Thanks!

I've got an Oceanic bag that is slightly oversize, and my Gara 2000's fit in as long as I angle them diagonally slightly.

It's called a 'Big Bag' and there's a picture in the 'bag' section at http://www.simplyscuba.com.

It's not ideal, but it works, and they've been through an aircraft hold OK.

"Moby" is too small

Originally posted by welwichia
... in fact cressi has their own model "moby" fins bag

At 71 cm that bag is at least 15 cm shorter than the Gara 2000 fins! Cressi does however have another bag, the "Apnea team". This bag is made specifically for the Gara 2000 fins! I recently got this bag for my Esclapez fins which just fit (they are slightly longer than the Gara) and I am pleased with the overall quality and features of it, althoug some "medium sized" compartments would have been nice since it has one huge and many tiny pockets in adition to the two fin-pockets along the side.

This is pretty much a duffel bag though, so it might not be what the original poster is after. I have also found that my fins fit fairly well in a Lundhags V8>70 backpack. This backpack however is 70+ liters large and a bit big for bring your gear to the beach! :)

Johnny

ok ... makes sense. I had not really checked the dimensions - just recalled seeing the item in question and thought it may be a pointer towards further investigation. I eventually got the "omer" fin bag as sold on www.freediver.co.uk. The Esclapez are a bit of a tight fit, but they *do* fit! Although it has a small additional sidepocket for possibly a mask etc, this is really a "fins only" solution - however, that is exactly what i was after.

Thanks for the input guys! I was searching around, since I did want more of a backpack style bag. Apparantly Dakine sells a backpack made more for surfing that could possibly work. Does anybody remember how large the Gara 2000's are? Thanks!

Size of Gara 2000

As I mentioned earlier, the Gara are slightly shorter (probably 1-2 cm) than my Esclapez, which are about 89 cm. I don't know if either of these vary a lot with different sizes, but the fins I checked (my Esclapez and a friends Gara) would both be around size 43.

As for the width of the fins I can't remember, but that is rarely the problem when it comes to bags. Trust me, I have been looking around for bags too, and it is always the length that is the problem! :)

Johnny

Bag for Apnea-Fins

Hi,

I have two suggestions:

1. Burton sells a Backpack where a Snowboard can be fixed on the outside by two straps. These straps hold my fins too (Gara 2000). They are not protected in the inside and this is not useful for flying but its perfect when walking to the training session.

2. At scubastore.com a bag from Mares is available (Hercules-Bag) that can easily carry some longer fins. The dimensions shown at the website are wrong. The real length is about 90cm.

Regards, Carsten

apnö is schö ...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT