• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cayman Islands and technical diving?!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Andy

Aug 13, 2002
Has anybody on this forum been to Cayman Islands?
If so, have you done any technical dives at the Islands?

How would you rate the diving?
Are there any good operators on the islands?
I'm thinking about taking a job there and I'm very curious about the islands.

/Andy

I made a brief stop in Grand Cayman about 7 years ago. The diving was good but I wasn't there long enough to do any tech diving. I've been told Dive Tech is a good operator down there. Best of luck to ya,

Dale

Thanks Dale!

I've been offered employment on the island and have accepted. So I'm really looking forward for some nice exciting deep diving.

:D

Regards,

Andy :cool:

come to Divetech

hi Andy

we can offer you some of the best technical diving and training on the island..
see divetech.com

visit us when you get here!
our tel. number is 949-1700

welcome to fantasy island.. you will enjoy!

Andy.

Try the Divi Tiara Beach Resort on Brac. Divi Divers does a great job of helping divers with all types of diving. They are on the west end of Brac. Fly to Grand Cayman and grab Cayman Air to Brac.:D

Thanks!

Thank you very much for all your great iformation, I've been offered employment by a really nice divecenter on 7 mile beach.
I'll definitly come and visit you both and check your establishments.
I'll be there from the 15th october to the end of april.
Do you know where to find cheap longterm apt.??

Something you don't need to share with others something private and at top 800 dollars/month..

:confused:

accommodation in cayman

andy try this website to get accommodation...
it's a chat site
caymanchat.com

also, try caymannetnews.com
you should have no problem getting a flatshare @ about 400 a month. there are stax of divemasters who share on this island..

ask the divecenter who is employing you to ask all their instructors if anyone has a space. i know someone, but only from November. you can meet her once you get here.

bon voyage!

Thanks a million for the great advices.

I'll try them both. :D

Best regards,

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT