• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cb world record attempt

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ivan

looking for deeper water
Jan 26, 2002
hi

I just rembered that I saw somewhere that Herbet Nitsch is attempting 300ft constant and over 300ft free imersion on July th e 8th or 9th I think it was is anyone able to confirm this, also in the local newspaper there was an article about seb murat looking at 200m no limits, hes got the lung capacity to do it.

cheers

if you need some more information about Herbert's record attampts go to

www.freediving.at

He is going to do 100mtr constant (I think 333ft)
300 ft free immersion
and to round it up with a static record attampt, doing many 8:09
during training in tenariffa.

GOOD LUCK Herbert, I know you are the best (sure you are from austria)

hi

Good luck from me two wow that is awsome 100m constant and you said hes attempting a static record ahhhh my favourite category do you know if he hyperventilates before static

cheers

You really shouldnt hyperventilate boy. It turns off all the safety mechanisms in the body. I've even heard of people who got their lungs filled with water after a blackout because of the hyperventilation. Normally this shouldnt happen.

Furthermore in the end you will lose more CO2 than you will gain O2 by hyperventilating resulting in a lower gas pressure than normal in the body. This will soon cause shallow water blackout when diving for depth, and I've also heard that a blackout or samba will occur sooner than if you didnt hyperventilate in static too!

Take it easy with the hyperventilating..

Yeah, Herbert is a damn good freediver, and we keep our fins crossed and hope he makes it!:cool:
I've read his training diary on www.freediving.at and it's really nice. At this moment, I can only dream of The Big Blue, as I'm in Germany...:head

Hyperventilation

Basco,

I think what Ivan is talking about is the same way I and some others I know breathe up before we do dives or statics. It is NOT a short shallow breath like the stereotypical hyperventilation. It is the same deep belly breath as a regular ventilation, it is just speeded up. About 12 breaths per minute. (be very careful trying this if you have never done it before) I have been consistantly getting in the 6:30 range and have done 6:22 in comp. I'm now looking to move to the next level toward 7:00.

DSV

hi Dsv

You are right I do deep belly breathing that is speeded up but gives me the same sort of effects as hyperventilation so I call it hyperventilation. DSV those statics are massive im only at 5:06 Im really interested in static and this is the only category im interested in maybe you could give me some tips of moving to 6min and beyond ive been doin it for 5 weeks but dont train at all like running or swimming i only do dry static practice every now and then what sort of training do you do for static cos im only really interested in this any help would be most appreciated DSV.

Thanks

cheers

Static Training

Hey Ivan,

I train almost every day. I don't just do statics. I train for dynamics and CB, but the training that I do helps for them all. It's CO2 tollerance training. I'm swimming laps with and w/out fins in apnea. The funny thing is is that I don't do long statics to train. I do a series of short one call the CO2 tollerance tables. Those along with the pool training have increased my times and held them there. I also may have a different breathing technique than you and it also plays a part in my times. If you would like more specifics you can email me directly OK.

DSV

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT