• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Celebrate the 3rd Birthday

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Deeper Blue, in its current incarnation is Three Years Old... :mute

OK, well the (very shortened) story goes like this - Deeper Blue was first born on 1st May 1998 by myself (tough birth)...Originally a Scuba Website it grew over the years...

We then tied up with amazing Cliff Etzel and his Freediving Internet Magazine which had been going since November 1996. This added a tremendous content archive to us and we slowly incorporated the two sites together into the current version in July 2000.

Now since we have both Scuba and Freediving elements, we are proud to have two birthdays a year(not many people get that privilege)...the first of which is today. :duh

I feel it is only right that I personally thank the whole volunteer force (yes we are all volunteers, no-one, not even me, gets paid!) past and present who helped bring this site together over the years:

The Editorial Team - Cliff and Mal particularly, although past appearances by Zach and Ian...

Our dedicated Staff Writers and (ir)regular contributors - too numerous to mention but you can check out an old list here (http://www.deeperblue.net/support/bio/index.shtml)

And of course our (still have the new car smell) new Resident Experts - Pollster, Bill, Loic and Clo Chick.

I look forward to working with the staff above, new staff as they come on-board, and seeing/speaking to all our visitors in many, many years to come...

Live for the dive...

Oops!

A bit late, but while we're passing around the well-wishes,

Happy Fifth Birthday Deeper Blue!

And thanks Stephan for this wonderful, excellent, and of course educational website!

Definitely Happy Birthday!

Thanks to Deepeblue,
saving me from feelin blue,
now I'm stuck like glue
wearing fins and ne'er a shoe!

Seriously though, thanks to all the staff and volunteers who are not only providing great information to improve our freediving skills and safety, but also a place where one can relax and have a good laugh, and in the process make friends.

regards to all,
Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT