• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cetma edge fins pocket options

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon305

Jan 21, 2020
Does anyone know if mares razor pockets work with the cetma edge fins? I've called a couple shops and gotten mixed answers, and there's little info about it online, anyonr have some knowledge on this? I know youd have to modify the rails on the fins

Does anyone know if mares razor pockets work with the cetma edge fins? I've called a couple shops and gotten mixed answers, and there's little info about it online, anyonr have some knowledge on this? I know youd have to modify the rails on the fins
I'm not familiar with the Mares Razor foot pockets. Are they supposed to be universal foot pockets?

The Cetma Edge comes in two different designs for the part that slides into the foot pocket. Since the blades were designed to be used for the Cetma S-Wing, this design has a longer shape. They also sell a design that's more universal (shorter) for the part that slides into the foot pocket. These should work with universal foot pockets like the Pathos Fireblades or Hammerhead/Salvimar variations.

I own the Cetma Edge and use it with the S-Wing pockets. The only thing I don't like is how dense and heavy the S-Wings are. I'd really like to pair them with the Pathos pockets, but I might need to cut the blade bottom shorter to fit.

I'm not familiar with the Mares Razor foot pockets. Are they supposed to be universal foot pockets?

The Cetma Edge comes in two different designs for the part that slides into the foot pocket. Since the blades were designed to be used for the Cetma S-Wing, this design has a longer shape. They also sell a design that's more universal (shorter) for the part that slides into the foot pocket. These should work with universal foot pockets like the Pathos Fireblades or Hammerhead/Salvimar variations.

I own the Cetma Edge and use it with the S-Wing pockets. The only thing I don't like is how dense and heavy the S-Wings are. I'd really like to pair them with the Pathos pockets, but I might need to cut the blade bottom shorter to fit.
Hi, yeah ive heard people say alot that the mares razors work with many different blades, i currently have them with some plastic blades they came with which have served me well but im upgrading now to some carbons and have decided on the cetma edges. Im thinking now tho that i may just get them with the s-wings and see how that works, i keep seeing on websites that the mares pockets are compatible although probably just with modifications done to the blades rails

. . . . I'd really like to pair them with the Pathos pockets, but I might need to cut the blade bottom shorter to fit.

Hijacking somewhat to ask whether you (or anyone else) has cut Cetma S-wing blades to fit Pathos pockets. I plan to, but haven't yet. Any advice?

Hijacking somewhat to ask whether you (or anyone else) has cut Cetma S-wing blades to fit Pathos pockets. I plan to, but haven't yet. Any advice?
I haven't made the move yet to cut and shape the blade bottoms to fit a Pathos. I believe the blade for the S-Wings are longer than the universal Cetma blades, so you would just need to cut it shorter. Make sure to use an abrasive cutting wheel and respirator when cutting carbon fiber.

These S-Wings are tough (and heavy) so they're lasting me a long time.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT