• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Charter Boat business?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
FINCAT

Just my 2 cetns. I am currently building a Fincat, but have made some changes. Express design with a windshield, top, ect ect.
Will have 72 sq. ft. back deck clear.
Ran the Parker marine 32 center console. In 4 footers, 20 knot wind.
Once they gave me the wheel, i dropped the hammer on those Suz 250 4 strokes.
55.8 in 4 footers and couldnt even tell i was in any sea at any direction.( following sea, head sea, broad side, quartering).
Ive riden in many cats and most of the production boats have some bow lift. This boat has none unless you trim it up slightly.
Very fast in the conditions i ran. I admit, i did not run in anything more than 4 however i understand the owner loaned the boat to a party who fished a torunament. 8 footers solid. Water came partially over the deck(what mono doesnt have the same problem at this size).
Freeing imports took care of the water. Passed up many larger 34 center console production boats. Averaged about 17 mph. Not bad.
It was the most amazing boat ive ever been in and i have had the opportunity to run many from 48 footer to high speed bass rigs. Nothing handled and rode like this boat. Hence, building one.
Will keep you posted because we are now trying to outfit with twin 275 Verados. Have that pretty muich worked out with Merc.
By the way i understand cats seem to run funny . Sneezing and dips to left when turning right and vice versa. Actually i could not tell the difference. The Vinking people have designed this Cat flaw out of this hull.
Very nice boat and I could recomend it to anyone.
Still have to wait and see how it does in 6 to 8 footers in 200 Plus feet of water.
iiicat

Don,

Making money as a spearfishing guide is very hard. It sounds like a fun job and usualy is but it is still a job. Moving gear, and taking the constant risk of heading out to sea needs to be taken into consideration. Also remember that mother nature dosent always agree with your trip schedule.

Rig diver nailed alot of my same concerns on his first post.

You could always get some land in mexico and be a guide there but the licence and other problems(I wont go into) with working in a foreign country are there waiting...

I used to work as a hull cleaner before I started guiding, It is a good business because Hulls always need cleaning. You can hire divers and actually make money.

Working underwater has its dangers though.

Id look into the hull cleaning company and then go spearfishing while your divers take care of your accounts.

Good luck,

GTB
http://www.gonetobaja.com
:cool:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT