• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Chat room?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Folks,

The chat room is obviously available 24/7. Like Sharky explains why don't a group of you get together and set a time to meet on a regular basis? If there are enough of you in each time zone you can split it into different times. If people are willing to champion this DB will support you as best we can and promote each time as widely as possible.

I tried going on again. It was basically a blank screen, and it said 'Done' in the lower left hand side. I'm running on Windows 98, I think. It is a Java thing? (notice my highly technical language :t)

It don't mean a Thang

Originally posted by BatRay
I tried going on again. It was basically a blank screen, and it said 'Done' in the lower left hand side. I'm running on Windows 98, I think. It is a Java thing? (notice my highly technical language :t)

If you ain't got that SWANG, Do wap do wap do wap... :D

Java Swing that is......

Yes, you need Java to use the Chat Room. Best is to go to The SUN Website and click on the "Download J2SE JRE" link. Download and install the Runtime Envorinment and then you should be good to go.....

Cheers, (and happy chatting!)
Bret

ill post it here... yo yo we are chattin in the chat room..come make it a party..

SigmaChat v7.40.13.78[en]. Copyright © 2004, RaiderSoft. All Rights Reserved.
Loading Chat Room Settings...
Loading Logo...
Initialization Complete.
To join the current chat session, enter a username/handle in the text box above.
Please enter a username. Password is optional
Connecting To Server...
Error Connecting. Please try again.

yepp..... this is what i keep getting.. i give up!

Have you downloaded the java virtual machine? Colin says that the applet should work if that is installed, it can be gotten from java.sun.com or microsoft.com

Alison said:
Have you downloaded the java virtual machine? Colin says that the applet should work if that is installed, it can be gotten from java.sun.com or microsoft.com

gorrit all... used the link from Brett :duh

He's just said something about the path (?) and shot off on his bike :duh anybody else got a clue?

hey sandy...are you using firefox to access the website? if so might be another way to get hte java program on your comp, one taht firefox recommends

drunkinbda said:
hey sandy...are you using firefox to access the website? if so might be another way to get hte java program on your comp, one taht firefox recommends

yep... although i did try using IE as well and no go... downloaded all the java links that have been posted and still get an error connecting to server...

k... well.. to check out firefox's authenticated java (although it could very well be the same as the one youare using) open a mozilla browswer nad go to tools-->extensions and hten in the little window that pops up click on "get more extensions". This will go to their extension site. At the top left click on "plugins" in the firefox category, and in the ones it lists java should be there. This has a very good chance of being the same java you already have, but it is just to get us on the same page, if the server is not loggin you on then the java you have is, for the most part, working.

I had a login error the other night... im gonna try to recreate it so i can see what caused it..ill hit ya back!

k..the error im gettin is when you try to log into the chat manually, instead of just clickin chat and having it log in for you. Not the same as yours i assume, as my error is telling me that i have an invalid username/password.

also, where is this computer? is it at an office, behind a firewall of some sort, etc etc? firewalls are known to screw with anything fun on the net.. if you can, try to get into the chat with a friends computer that is not on the same network. Chances are with the error you are giving, it is more of a networking issue than an issue with your username or computer.

if it is a firewall issue, i got all the port numbers and what not to fix it..i think.

Last edited:
drunkinbda said:
k... well.. to check out firefox's authenticated java (although it could very well be the same as the one youare using) open a mozilla browswer nad go to tools-->extensions and hten in the little window that pops up click on "get more extensions". This will go to their extension site. At the top left click on "plugins" in the firefox category, and in the ones it lists java should be there. This has a very good chance of being the same java you already have, but it is just to get us on the same page, if the server is not loggin you on then the java you have is, for the most part, working.

I had a login error the other night... im gonna try to recreate it so i can see what caused it..ill hit ya back!

cheers thanks a mil i am checking now... i tried downloading plugins from firefox and it took ages so i gave up...
it's not an office computer and there is no firewall as far i as i know. unless i have created one myself.. ?? will check out my security settings.

well windows XP does make its own firewall.. a very annoying addition taht they put on

yo sands.. to check if your connection is firewalled go to
"start"->"control panel" then in there open up "network connections". Right click on your connection to the internet, and select "properties". The click the "Advanced" tab and it should let you check and adjust the firewall settings. If it is on, and you dont want it, turn it off. if its on and you do want it, turn it off briefly and try the chat again to see if that is the prob, or if you are like me and hate windows firewall..just turn it off. See if that is applicable.

Pulling this thread back up, come to the chatroom more often all of you!!! I'm there a lot with sinky and deepthought!! :)

To dredge up an old thread...:hmm:
I'm having problems accessing the chat room. I've gone back and installed java again to make sure it's there, disabled firewall, and nothing is working. When I click on the chat room, I get a large white box with smaller white box in the upper-left hand corner. The smaller box has a red x in it. The bottom of the page says Done. This is really annoying, since chat worked for me not too long ago. Any suggestions?

Turn the firewall back on. :)
(regardless of the chatroom, might be a regretful move)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT