• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cheapest diving watch with audible depth alarm?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Don't know about any cheap ones..
I had one from Casio alt depth but I'm not sure where it had depth alarm. Is reasonably cheap.
Currently I'm using one from Citizen which has everything that a freediver would want.
Alarm for depth, time of diving, minimum temperature for that diving, detects water and automatically sets do diving mode..
It's analogic and digital.
Pipin used to wear one that I remember from his master free diver course.
It cost about 250 pounds
But it's worth the money spent

All the best

Reactions: Alun
if you mount the suunto d3 on your maskband (above your ear) the alarm is clearly audible. The price/performance ratio - I paid 170 Euro for mine - is also ok I think.

The only thing is that with this kind of setup I have to stick my head into the mud the get a maximum reading :D :D

Last edited:
Originally posted by Fabio Toyama
Currently I'm using one from Citizen which has everything that a freediver would want.
Sounds a lot like my Citizen Promaster, but mine has an annoying ascent-alarm which will beep almost every time I ascend. The watch is clearly made for scuba since this can not be turned of!

Because of this I will probably get rid of it and get a Suunto D3 instead.

It was a bit amusing though, when diving in Dahab, to see a bunch of scuba divers check their instruments every time I ascended! :)

Johnny

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT