• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Chest loading pad

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

stoyleg

Sep 20, 2004
Does anyone know where I can get a loading pad from - I've got an Elios suit which, until now, I've used for freediving - I'm just getting into spearing.

thanks

Hi Stoylegay,

They are hard to come by. I might have a spare - I'll look tonight. Alternatively you could ask Alun if you can have one, since he doesn't use any of his. The only place where I know you can get one new is C4 - but it would be faster to get one off someone local. If I don't have a spare one I may even take one off my freediving suit for you, since you sound like such a nice young man.....

Ben

computer mouse pads?

My delicate chest is in dire need of one too. :) Do mouse pads really work? I could have mamasan sew one on for free since she is the happy recipient of all my fish carcasses (they love fish head soup over here). :p Anything would be better than what I'm dealing with now!

I got a glue-on kevlar loading pad from bluewaterhunter.com and a strap-on you can use with or without a suit from my friendly Rob Allen distributor.
Mark

Why thankyou young Benderminge - I think Alun's back tomorrow so I'll ask him. If he hasn't got one I'll let you know. Coming up your way in a couple of weeks, although probably not that close - staying at Loch Sunart - bit of a drive from Aberdeen me thinks!

...I'm not sure I like the sound of mjacob's strap-on! Wherever I go I seem to stir up filth & smut!

That looks like a very handy piece of kit. I may off to the Seychelles early next year so I might look at getting one of these for that.

Cheers

I respectfully suggest getting tougher, I was loading tight 20mm on a bare chest before so your suit should be enough padding.
unless it is to prevent the suit tearing?

Huan

Sure, Huan, a person can certainly load on a bare chest....a few times anyway. Maybe I'm a wuss, but after the third full day of that it does feel different than the first loading did. I load a 2x16 140 RA on my bare chest, BTW. The first 6 times or so are okay. I still prefer the loading pad. It's like eating jalapeno peppers otherwise, at least for me. Sure you can do it, but why?

Mark

Last edited:
Ok Ok I wasn't suggesting that Stoyleg loaded his/her gun on a bare chest but merely making the point that any freedivers suit esp. in the UK should be at least 5-7mm thick and where the suit is doubled (mid breast bone down) possibly twice that.
That should be plenty.
Oh and I love Chillis including jalapeno's but more specifically Habaneros;-0

Huan

Huan,
Yeah, with a 5mm wetsuit he should be okay. I like chilli peppers, too. Like I said, the first six are okay... ;o) I prefer my Habeneros finely diced in a omlette with plenty of cheese, though.
Mark

Last edited:
Originally posted by Huan
Oh and I love Chillis including jalapeno's but more specifically Habaneros

OOOOOH :waterwork I pity your poor bum in the morning :vangry

I should send you a sample of my mango hotsauce.
a little of this and you can probably pull 3 tight 20mms on a 140cm RA with one hand.

I can use all the help I can get, Huan. I could do all that with one hand, huh? Send that hotsause on over my way. Mango is great in hotsause. :eek:)

Like I said, Alison...."but why?" :eek:)

Mark

That's it...the same one I got. I had forgotten spearfishinggear.com was carrying them now. I like it a lot and it's not expensive.
Mark

why don't u just moun piece of mouse pad to loading extension of the gun? Or piece of neoprene will also works.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT