• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Choosing a place to live in with freediving in mind

invisw

Apr 27, 2024
Besides getting to swim for a couple times in a river and some lakes in my country, I am pretty much starting from absolute zero in this: freediving

over several years ive gained an odd amount of interest in it, to the point that i am considering going to live abroad somewhere with at least all-year round warm weather and easy access to the ocean, besides just wanting to be able to reach the floor of somewhere deep and stay there for a while without having to wear any gear beyond a mask, i am banking on the activity as a way to keep myself healthy and physically fit, naturally this would also demand that i'd eat a healthier diet overall and keep me from becoming a blob of meat, am also wondering if i could make friends with this, maybe even possibly build a close relationship with a freediver girl of a similar mind

at first i was looking into the possibility of living in the southern parts of japan, the winters there rarely reach below zero, and the whole place being an island i could travel to other sections easily to take a dip in places i havent been at, the problem though is the cost, given what jobs i am likely to get there (if any at all since i am only about to get a hs diploma and nothing else while being 19) my life would become only about work and nothing else, trying to nickel and dime even on the cheapest of rents in rural areas

right now i don't really have an idea of where to go or what i need to do, anywhere else seems to be like asking for a bad time if i am to factor in cost of living with job opportunities, maybe am making a mistake? is this just me chasing a wild temporary dream that would still end badly even if things did go right?

I am new to Freediving but I live in the best spot for it and have already started exploring the kelp forest in front of my house at Boulder Beach, Cape Town

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT