• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Chronicles of a Blue Water Hunter

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Alright!
In South Africa its better to take a look into the water before you jump off the boat!

RCC

MILES!!!!

Did you take this foto? Looks like your boat... and a close to 4m Whitey. The proximity to land is terrifying.

(Ultra) Safe Diving

Baur

Impressive and very humbling! I take my hat off to the Great White Shark! Great shots Miles, too bad the water was so cold you didn't feel like takeing a close up shot ;)

Adrian

Originally posted by Adrian
Impressive and very humbling! I take my hat off to the Great White Shark! )

Adrian

You take your hat off to the GWS? Crap, I take my hat off to the dudes getting in the water shooting fish while these creatures are venturing about....Miles and all you ZA boyz have some cojones! Be Safe...

BTW...nice pics!

Reactions: Oldsarge
Hiya

Unfortunately I wasn't fortunate to take the photos :waterwork
All my GW sightings were with-out my camera on board. Photo was taken by a friend after a days fishing. They were in the harbour when the GW decided to follow them around!!!!

Miles

Why is it? that every time I see some mention of those cuddly Great Whites, Miles's name isnt far off the post list?
Those are some stunning photo's Mate, I would have loved to have been with you to see that!
Rollo's admiration of you RSA spearo's is shared by me! Those are big fish with BIG TEETH!! OK their reputation probably exeeds their behavior!!!! BUT STILL, those are BIG FISH WITH BIG TEETH!! and what might be a tasting lick to the GW is fatal to us mere mortals!! Respect mate :)
Again, be safe my friend, youve promised to take me spearing in your waters and I will take you up on it one day :confused:

I'll be is RSA in August but think I'll stick to the land hunting where there're fewer things that might be after me. After all, lions are smaller than GW's and leopards are smaller than lions . . .

hi

South africa is a very scary place indeed :naughty

cheers

Originally posted by Rolando
You take your hat off to the GWS? Crap, I take my hat off to the dudes getting in the water shooting fish while these creatures are venturing about....Miles and all you ZA boyz have some cojones! Be Safe...

BTW...nice pics!

Rolando, couldn't agree with you more!

Adrian

MILES

now THAT is amazing!! i went to simonstown two days running in february to do the white shark thing and it was too rough to take the boat out...
and you just have it right there in the harbour?? and it's so calm??
man you have it all. i miss Cape Town :(

HOLLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That ought to get your adrenaline pumping like nothing else.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT