• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Chronicles of Dr. Fish......"mermaid's revenge!!"

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dr. Fish

Sep 11, 2005
hello

i've just been looking at this photo's and realised that i SIMPLY have to show the world EXATLY how hopeless my mentor is!

Picture1 - my mentor is completely useless when it comes to cleaning fish! I must show him EVERY time we get fish. He claims he is a slow learner..... :hmm

Picture2 - after all MY hard work

Picture3 - a good day at Dassen Island

Picture4 - a nice yellowtail and a small longfin tuna also at Dassen Island

Picture5 - matching wetsuits :) :)

Attachments

• Zazu - dassen 19 june 2004.JPG
    Zazu - dassen 19 june 2004.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Zazu2 - 19 june 2004 020.JPG
    Zazu2 - 19 june 2004 020.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 265
  • zazu 3 dassen 19 june 2004 013.JPG
    zazu 3 dassen 19 june 2004 013.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 271
  • zazu 4 dassen.JPG
    zazu 4 dassen.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 259
  • zazu5 dassen island 12 June 2004.JPG
    zazu5 dassen island 12 June 2004.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 260
Reactions: miles and Adrian
as you can see from the pictures above, Dassen island is one of the few places that i'm allowed to get into the water. no sharks to worry about and lots of nice fish :)

Picture1 - a 15kg kob caught on handline at night. needless to say its was the biggest fish amongst the five other fisherman, who are commercial fisherman. :)

Picture2 and 3 - some nice yellowtails at Dassen island.

Picture 4 - a 10kg+ yellowtail caught on a handline also at Dassen island

Picture5 - more nice yellowtail (taken in False Bay though)

Attachments

• Zuraida & tail.JPG
    Zuraida & tail.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 308
  • issy 013.jpg
    issy 013.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 264
  • zazu and 3 tail dassen island 12 June 2004.JPG
    zazu and 3 tail dassen island 12 June 2004.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 247
  • zazu and 1tail dassen island 12 June 2004.jpg
    zazu and 1tail dassen island 12 June 2004.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 2004_1029commercial0005.JPG
    2004_1029commercial0005.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 235
Picture 1 - prized eating fish, Red Stumpnose. Caught in False Bay on handline.

Picture 2 - me pulling a small thresher shark on a handline. Cute shark was released :)

Picture 3 - some Galgoen shot in False Bay. Very tasty fish that quite difficult to shoot.

Picture 4 - a GREAT day's fishing. I only managed to land ONE of the big KOB. Lost the other two. Handline fishing is so much more fun than catching with a rod and reel. Especially if you can outfish the other guys on board :) :)

Picture 5 - Dolphins saying HELLO to us :) :)

Attachments

• deeper blue dolphin1.JPG
    deeper blue dolphin1.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 18 September 2004 Kob and Red Stump - small.jpg
    18 September 2004 Kob and Red Stump - small.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 287
  • Cape Point 10 July 2004 Zuraida with galgoen.JPG
    Cape Point 10 July 2004 Zuraida with galgoen.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 283
  • thresher.JPG
    thresher.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Zazu Red Stump.JPG
    Zazu Red Stump.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 291
Picture 1 - cave in Arniston. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to dive here, as there's too many great white sharks. lots of big yellowtail though3

Picture 2 - showing the boys HOW to pull a YF tuna :)

Picture 3 - beautiful YF tuna

Picture 4 - MOZAMBIQUE! lots of fun. warm water and lots of fish. sadly, many of them were to pretty to shoot. also saw many HUGE potato bass. all of them were much bigger then me. they're very friendly grouper type fish. way to cute to shoot!! i did also take the dive boat, a 8m rubber duck, with 2x85hp motors THROUGH the surf. was great fun jumping the waves with that boat. a very, very, very nice place.

Picture 5 - 100lb fish on 30lb stand-up tackle

Attachments

• Arniston Cave 2.JPG
    Arniston Cave 2.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 234
  • wife in action.JPG
    wife in action.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 292
  • YF in water.JPG
    YF in water.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Zazu Yellowfin small.JPG
    Zazu Yellowfin small.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF0878.JPG
    DSCF0878.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 286
Picture 1 and 2 - a 50kg (100lb) yellowfin tuna which i shot with one of tommy botha's guns. I have a 57" gun with 4 rubbers that are 14mm thick which tommy built specially for me. i've shot his 63" gun with 4 rubbers that are 16mm's and loved it. that gun is just a bit too difficult for me to load. i need some more practice :waterwork

Picture 3 - another good tuna fishing day

Picture 4 - some longfin tuna or albacore that i and my mentor shot.

Picture 5 - another yellowtail at Dassen island

Attachments

• zazu3.JPG
    zazu3.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 286
  • zazu4.JPG
    zazu4.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 256
  • catch of the day1.JPG
    catch of the day1.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 317
  • lonfin.JPG
    lonfin.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 251
  • zazu yellowtail.JPG
    zazu yellowtail.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 292
Very impressive catches! :) When are you starting the SA "Dr. Fish Spearo School"? :D

Adrian

Woman, you're something! Obviously the Best Catch knows what he's got and takes good care of you.

very nice pictures Zuzu. :cool:

What was the bait you used for miles? rofl

Wow! Now you know Doctors should make their husbands clean the fish :D

As someone who's also fortunate enough to have my sweet half who likes to spearfish with me (only in clear warm water though) I can only say that its a wonderful thing. You have definitely outdone my Lydia so far though, while she can dive 60ft, she's never shot a tuna or seen one! or and I shouldn't say, cleaned my fish... :waterwork But she is learning how to be a doctor so one day while I get the fish she can take care of me. Dr fish, I think you have the makings for the next Speafishing Superwoman to follow in the footspteps of Sheri Daye, Julie Riffe, and Bonnie Row. Keep up the good work making us green with envy with the tunas!

Dive safe, you two have it good! :)

Mark

Reactions: miles
AWESOME CATCHES ;)

Keep it up and take care of your mentor. He's a bit crazy these days rofl

heyyyy girl!!! just saw this now.... i think some other women spearos on this forum have some catching up to do!!!

Dr. Fish you're my hero! I am now inspired to learn how to shoot fish; they look so good! :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT