• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cigarette lighters banned

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
There's gonna be a test later on, drunky.

"Pencils down, everone!"

Sorry-Been off spearing 2 x Trevally, 5kg and 8 KG and will return tomorrow if the weather holds!

Sinkweight, you are very correct and I should have mentioned that while the inside of the aircraft was pressurized, the outside was not. My point was more towards a lighter attack

As far as the C4 being used, as someone who has used C4 and other things to blow up a lot of things from vehicles to buildings to aircraft (pieces), if I place a charge carefully in the right place, it will cause great damage, if I have C4 in my shoe(i.e.; not a carefully placed charge), it will likely blow my feet off. I am not a structural engineer but I think the cargo area is different (structurally) than the passenger areas...BTW I lived within a 2 minute walk of the Ottobrunn facility for 3 years-some REAL COOL tests done there! Especially with wierd helicopters

Anyway, as others have said, Terrorists bad, aircraft not-so-bad.

anton said:
Anyway, as others have said, Terrorists bad, aircraft not-so-bad.
Nothing wrong with aircraft, its the engineers who design them that are the problem

agreed! I feel the same way about computers... they can't make a mistake. Its the programming errors that get'cha

Back from Sardinia 98 freediving competition an security guy at the airport pointed at a big bag full of fins and asked one of the team members:
-What's these?
-C4's.
He pulled his gun at them! rofl

Reactions: island_sands
Ha Ha Ha Ha! I know how you feel. Last summer returning to Qatar fromthe land of dive shops (Florida), the wife and I had a bunch of dive gear we brought back. I am carrying an oxygen analysis kit and forgot about a hung slip tip I had stashed inside. They had tizzies when they saw it. One guy actually came up and asked how far it "fired" I said what? and he said "If it goes off, how far does it travel?" I started explaining that with the earths rotational speed... and the wife broke in, "it needs the rest of the gun... its only a tip" They guy was rather new I think but he actually stood back 2-3 steps from a slip tip lying on the ground at Miami Intl. circling it for a better look !!!!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…