• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cigarette lighters banned

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sorry-Been off spearing :) 2 x Trevally, 5kg and 8 KG and will return tomorrow if the weather holds!

Sinkweight, you are very correct and I should have mentioned that while the inside of the aircraft was pressurized, the outside was not. My point was more towards a lighter attack :)

As far as the C4 being used, as someone who has used C4 and other things to blow up a lot of things from vehicles to buildings to aircraft (pieces), if I place a charge carefully in the right place, it will cause great damage, if I have C4 in my shoe(i.e.; not a carefully placed charge), it will likely blow my feet off. I am not a structural engineer but I think the cargo area is different (structurally) than the passenger areas...BTW I lived within a 2 minute walk of the Ottobrunn facility for 3 years-some REAL COOL tests done there! Especially with wierd helicopters :)

Anyway, as others have said, Terrorists bad, aircraft not-so-bad.

anton said:
Anyway, as others have said, Terrorists bad, aircraft not-so-bad.
Nothing wrong with aircraft, its the engineers who design them that are the problem ;)

agreed! I feel the same way about computers... they can't make a mistake. Its the programming errors that get'cha

anton said:
As far as the C4 being used, as someone who has used C4 and other things to blow up a lot of things from vehicles to buildings to aircraft (pieces), if I place a charge carefully in the right place, it will cause great damage, if I have C4 in my shoe(i.e.; not a carefully placed charge), it will likely blow my feet off.
Back from Sardinia 98 freediving competition an security guy at the airport pointed at a big bag full of fins and asked one of the team members:
-What's these?
-C4's.
He pulled his gun at them! rofl

Reactions: island_sands
Ha Ha Ha Ha! I know how you feel. Last summer returning to Qatar fromthe land of dive shops (Florida), the wife and I had a bunch of dive gear we brought back. I am carrying an oxygen analysis kit and forgot about a hung slip tip I had stashed inside. They had tizzies when they saw it. One guy actually came up and asked how far it "fired" I said what? and he said "If it goes off, how far does it travel?" I started explaining that with the earths rotational speed... and the wife broke in, "it needs the rest of the gun... its only a tip" They guy was rather new I think but he actually stood back 2-3 steps from a slip tip lying on the ground at Miami Intl. circling it for a better look !!!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT