• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Citezen Aqualand Duplex

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tmyers73

Oct 10, 2002
I'm looking to buy the Aqualand Duplex. I know there are better watches out there for freediving but I think it's a great blend between aesthetics and function (at least for my purposes).

The cheapest I've found was at Leisure Pro for $259.95. This is probably the best price but I just wanted to make sure someone out there hasn't seen a better deal. If so, please let me know.

http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/weba...6&cgrfnbr=973&parentCategory=965&sort=prsdesc

I agree, the D3 at $220 is a great deal. I'd get it in a heartbeat if it weren't so ugly for everyday use. I will probably buy it in the future strictly for freediving, however for now I need a functional yet stylish watch.

LIESURE PRO

I got my Aqualand from Leisure Pro for about $US 259.

The real fun began about 2 weeks later when the battery reached the end of its life. You have to ship it to Citizen to get the battery changed.

I shipped it. The tech from Citizen who worked on it called to tell me there was nothing wrong with it, and that I could expect a long, full life from the new battery.

He said the watch's serial number told the story: it had been manufactured and shipped over 2 years before Leisure Pro sold it to me.

LP does job lotting. They buy new merchandise atu bankruptcy auctions, and from other sources that are one or more times removed from the original intended marketing channel. That's probably why my watch sat around in its sealed factory box for so long before it was retailed to me.

I think it cost about $US 60 to get the battery changed.

In the long run, and on the average, you get what you pay for.

Paul

Thanks guys. I've been trying Ebay but for some reason it's been selleng very high ($300). The info about Leisure Pro puts an interesting twist on things. Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what I'll do now but at least I should figure in the cost of a new battery. By the way, how long should a fresh battery last?

My battery also died about a month or two after I got it; I haven't been bothered to send it in since then (more than 3 years ago).

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

CITIZEN BATTERY LIFE

Obviously depends on usage, but I think the Citizen tech told me he was seeing an MTF of about 18 months. Mind you, it's certain that the vast majority of his customers are Strictly Scuba.

He suggested annual battery changes, scheduled to match my diving schedule, to avoid the disappointment of having a battery croak an hour into a dive trip on the other side of the world.

Did I follow his sound advice. No. Like most adult males, I am a moron. The battery is certain to die at the precise moment it will be most inconvenient, and I will be astonished by this totally unexpected phenomenon of a dead battery.

Paul Kotik
Florida, USA

I'd happily sell my Aqualand Duplex (dead battery), to anyone for very little...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT