• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Citzen Aqualand Promaster battery

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

1 Tadpole

I'd rather play than work
Jul 27, 2002
I have a watch in need of batteries. I want to do it right so I understand there's an authorized Citizen watch service center in California? If so can someone give me contact info? Costs? Is there an authorized Citizen watch service center closer to Seattle?

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind. I found where it needs to go.

Has anyone replaced batteries themselves, despite what it says on the case cover? I've run across a thread on Hyperland batteries that someone had discussed DIY.:duh :naughty

tadpole

i used a citizen aqualand watch for years and only sent it to the company for replacing batteries and pressure testing once. the reason was this: batteries themselves are ridiculously cheap (couple of dollars), the bill for the above was somewhere around 80 usd. might be different elsewhere, of course.
but what really annoyed me was the fact that i didn't get any proof of the pressure testing, which for me as a diver is, of course, important. i don't care about the guarantee when i take my watch on a trip to egypt or asia for half a year and it starts leaking there.
i worked in a dive shop and when we were pressure testing computers or dive watches we put them in a wet pressure chamber the size of a bucket and went for a dive to 70-100m. we'd compare readings with a 2nd watch/computer and then decompress the thing. that meant that the watch/computer, when returned to the owner, had one dive in the logbook. the test dive.

now when i received my citizen there was no dive in the log book. i tried to get information from my local citizen dealer but didn't get any information on their procedure.
maybe they replaced the batteries after the test dive to clear the log, maybe not. anyway, i had no proof that the pressure test was done.

so in my case all i had was a watch with new batteries. i found 80 bucks not worth that, of course.

for 5 years i replaced batteries myself with no problems whatsoever. take care of the o rings and the screws and you should be o.k.

just my idea.

regards

roland

Hi Roland, thanks for the post.
Is there anything that needs to be reset while the back is open? Do you use any waterproof gease or anything on the seal?

Thanks,
Tad

tad

i didn't grease anything. the main o-ring is really thin, i just made sure it was clean. also nothing to reset.
open, change batteries, check o-ring, close. easy.

roland

Thanks Roland. I ended up sending it to Citizen for a first time. I think I'll do it myself next time around.

Best Regards,
Tad

Citizen repair center

Tadpole,

I also have this watch and am trying to decide if I will change the battery myslef, or send it to Citizen. Can you tell me:

a) how much was it to have have Citizen change the battery?
b) where did you send it?

Thanks
Marco Romanini

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT