• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

CMAS 1st EUROPEAN APNEA CHAMPIONSHIP

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LEVENTUCUZAL

Apr 13, 2007
We are proud to announce that the web page of the CMAS 1st EUROPEAN APNEA CHAMPIONSHIP is live from the moment from the address: CMAS 1st European Apnea Championship - Home

Please follow all of the news and developments about the championship from that web site try to make your applications at the deadlines.

You are also very welcome that if you send me your opinions about the web site and the info inside there so I will update it immediately.

Good luck to everybody.

Cheers.

Speed Apnea is is an event over 100 m in immersion in total apnea where the swimmer's objective is to register the minimum possible time.

very interesting!

sounds good to me :)
Already some experience about it?
What is a good time?
What is about the BO ratio? Higher or lower than DYN?

First of all It is a great idea to try an new discipline. Congratulation!
How will be the start? Same as finswimmer do it in 50m AP or with a countdown and start in the water?
I'm pretty sure some of your athletes have tried it already. ;-) What is a time of an intermediate athlete and what is the time of a world class athlete like Devrim Cenk Ulusoy? :)
Regards from Zurich
Martin

Here is the part of rules for start:
For speed apnea competitions the swimmers dive from the starting blocks.
For endurance apnea competitions the swimmers start their competition already in the water.
Note that there is another discipline coming soon The Endurance Apnea which is 400 meters apnea :)

Devrim, himmm not yet. He has got his some values but I really don't know yet. The best we can get will be at May, the national competition.

Well, now if only CMAS did not ban freedivers who participated on AIDA competitions, the quality could also improve. Without the world top freedivers, CMAS competitions will remain just a B league with performances not even reaching those of many local AIDA events. Is a change in this stupid policy an option for this CMAS competition or for any future ones?

Same thing happening in underwater hockey and spearfishing. I believe there is/was a vote about wether to drop the ban on freedivers, but I don't have any other details.

CMAS is at a crossroads, their choices now will define what will happen to them.

What I find the most sad when speaking to some FFESSM officials and instructors (FFESSM is the French branch of CMAS), is that they are spreading disinformation about AIDA.

They claim AIDA freedivers are irresponsible, hazardeurs, and diving on drugs. They are persuaded that the level of AIDA performances is better than at CMAS only because AIDA freedivers take doping and because they are allowed to have sambas and BO (unlike at AIDA, in FFESSM competitions you are disqualified if you have a samba even if you complete the protocol properly. And you are disqualified for two months after a samba, and for four after a BO - virtually eliminating you so for the entire season).

Personally, I am fan of AIDA, but unfortunately the FFESSM people are more prevalent here (almost all freedivers in France are organized under FFESSM). They use "AIDA freediver" as a pejorative term for describing someone disrespecting safety. By using it in this way, FFESSM instructors brain-wash newbies for whom then AIDA is equal to doping, LMC, BO, acidents, and death. It is very sad, not deserved, and based mostly on the jealousy not being able to reach similar performances (because the best one simply ignore CMAS and better stick with the more tolerant AIDA), but it is a fact.

So I am afraid, unless CMAS officials start respecting AIDA freedivers, and unless they accept they are simply better, there is very little chance they stop banning them from their competitions - it looks like they afraid demonstrating how retarded their education and training programs are in comparison to those of AIDA.

Well, now if only CMAS did not ban freedivers who participated on AIDA competitions, the quality could also improve.

That means, if I competed ones in an AIDA Freediving competition, I'm not allowed to start on a CMAS competition??? Lifetime?
That is a great business model. Imagine, Mercedes wouldn't sell they cars to people they used to own a BMW. :)

Well, now if only CMAS did not ban freedivers who participated on AIDA competitions, the quality could also improve.

That means, if I competed ones in an AIDA Freediving competition, I'm not allowed to start on a CMAS competition??? Lifetime?
That is a great business model. Imagine, Mercedes wouldn't sell they cars to people they used to own a BMW. :)

The restriction is for a year or two. The idea is that sportsmen can't compete both in CMAS events and those of a competing organisation. CMAS do not like competition.

The ban is for current year... if you compete under AIDA in 2008 you are baned for that year. but then again one could never know what will the interpretation of the rule be in the heads of bigheads CMAS bosses... I don't know is that more funny or said.

INFO:

If your not an CMAS/FIPSAS/FFESSM member, you can compete in what ever competition you like, and then become a member of CMAS just before the CMAS competition you like to compete in... and compete without problems.

CMAS is only ban members of CMAS when they compete out side of CMAS, if your not a CMAS member you can do whatever you want.

Soo if you really like to compete in both organizations, make sure you not a member of CMAS/FIPSAS/FFESSM when you compete under AIDA, and then before the CMAS competition you pay your CMAS membership and compete.

REMEMBER that no rule in any sport organization can regulate your free/privat time... especially NOT CMAS tho they don't recognize AIDA in any way. (!!!)

(in CMAS eye's, AIDA is pure hobby... and no rules for hobbys)

/B

Last edited:
To be honest I am not sure about it. The approved rule is as follows so you make your own decision about it:

If some athletes, members of federations affiliated with CMAS, take part in events organised by not affiliated bodies,and if the here practised disciplines are those normally organised by CMAS, it is proposed
1. C.M.A.S. sports license of these athletes is cancelled until Dec.31 of the following civil year;
2. if the participation of these athletes is assured and approved by their affiliated federation, an official warning will be sent to this federation communicating at the same time to stop the participation of their athletes in those events.
3. In case of rejection and recidivism the federation will be excluded:
a. from the corresponding sports commission at the first recidivism;
b. from the Sports Committee at the second recidivism.

LEVENTUCUZAL

According to CMAS International, they wont penalize people that is NOT members of CMAS or any federations affiliated with CMAS . (of course!!!)

Soo YES, you can follow my "guide" in my earlier post :wave

have a nice day
/B

"If some athletes, members of federations affiliated with CMAS, take part in events organised by not affiliated bodies,and if the here practised disciplines are THOSE NORMALLY ORGANIZED by CMAS"

Well, since constant weight and all depth disciplines are not organized by CMAS, and not recognized by CMAS, then you are free to compete in an AIDA 'depth only' competition. Does CMAS recognize static apnea and organize static apnea competitions? I don't think so -- then you could compete in both static or depth, just not dynamic.

It occasionally frightens me just how batshit insane Pierre Dernier and his CMAS buddies really are. I wouldn't trust them with a metal spoon.

Speaking of CMAS, does anyone know what the current records in their two disciplines are? I've searched high and low (including their abysmal website) and can't for the life of me see a ranking list or comp results. Any suggestions?

I think the Men's DYN record is 200m. Anybody fancy picking up a CMAS record? Walter? Stig? Henning? Peter? Tom? Kerian? Ant? Par? William? Martin? Herbert? Alexei?

The women's one is more respectable at 195m

I think the Men's WR for DYN@10m (aka jump blue) is around the 150m mark....?

I think the Men's DYN record is 200m. Anybody fancy picking up a CMAS record? Walter? Stig? Henning? Peter? Tom? Kerian? Ant? Par? William? Martin? Herbert? Alexei?

The women's one is more respectable at 195m

CMAS record? No thanks, you never know where its been!

I've finally found an italian page that I ran through a google translate. Turns out that Michele Tomasi is the WR holder at 194m. Silver was 178 and bronze 176. Fifth place was 143, buggered if I know what happened to fourth. Are you sure you didn't assume Michele was a girl?

For native italians, here's the page.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT