• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cold water wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Chet Edeline

Apr 18, 2005
looking to purchase high quality cold water suit (50 degrees). Have heard good things about Picasso. Any thoughts? Where can I get best deal?

The Cresci SuperComp is a good deal I've had mine for years and it's put up with all kinds of abuse. You can get one at the deeper blue dive shop by clicking the shop link above. The prices can't be beat!

JMD said:
The Cresci SuperComp is a good deal I've had mine for years and it's put up with all kinds of abuse. You can get one at the deeper blue dive shop by clicking the shop link above. The prices can't be beat!

cresci is the best. supercomb is super in cold waters i agree. :)

I have and Elios custom 5mm which keeps me quite comfortable for a couple hours at 38f

wow 38 degrees f that is cold! I only get down to 48 degrees. Where did you dive at that temp? who supplies Elios?
Thanks
Chet

Elios makes Elios.

They make some great custom suits at very good price. I own a cressi super comp, but never use it anymore since I bought my elios- 6mm good for a couple of hours of ice diving without getting cold.

Jon

Last edited:
I thought I replied previously. thanks for the info, but 38 degrees in a wet suit? I thought the high forties was pushin it. What do you do in 38 degee water?
Chet

Sorry about the double reply. Just learning the system. thanks for the tip. I'll search for an Elios vendor
Chet

I mostly Try not to puke because that first hit on my face turns my stomach inside out. Face gets better - but I have to chew ginger the whole time. Chill creeps in gradually over a couple of hours but the suit is amazing. I do live with a chill after the first 45 to 60 minutes - depending on the level of activity - 6mm might be better for longer divers. Next winter I'll have to check out some new spots - this winter it was mostly just the bottoms of icebergs :)

My 7mm Topsub Supercaccia kicks some serious posterior...

I mostly Try not to puke because that first hit on my face turns my stomach inside out. Face gets better - but I have to chew ginger the whole time.

My thoughts exactly Fondue my face also DIES in the cold the first 10-15 minutes. Piece of advice for all you cold water divers: Try and shave the day before diving cause if you do it the same morning, due to the stimulated blood circulation, the cold water bites into your face like piranhas. Full-face mask anyone?

for any cold water, custom fit is going to be loads warmer. I have a 7ml Heiwa elios custom made and have used it down to 4C without any problems, just make sure you also have good gloves, socks and maybe an ice cap and you'll be fine

Sam

ELIOS 8mm smoothskin

Like being under your duvet at any temperature ;)

I really am a wimp rofl rofl rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT