• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Coming to Australia?- Don't use these guys to charter a dive

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Scaly

Apr 2, 2005
Hi people

Please have a look at this link
http://www.westernangler.com.au/forum/Fishing_Sucks!/m_60555/tm.htm

Its a discussion about this site http://www.ningalooreefteach.com

The operators of this dive site have a severe anti-fishing bias-Here's an excerpt that has been removed from their site but there's plently of other misinformation and B.S to see

Fishing Sucks!

Fishing is boring, absolutely boring, just plain boring and just plain dumb. Most people fish because they are scared of the water, the animals and just don't understand how it all works down there. If they did then they would not inflict such cruelty on the animals.

Why sit uptop and dangle a hook doing the lucky dip thing, when you can get in amongst it and experience the animals in their world. It is astounding how much money some people spend to come here to see and catch a fish, when all you have to do is get in and go down and you can see and experience more fish and marine life than most people will see it their whole life. Not only tha,t but it's a whole lot more exciting, and the animals are left there for the next person to experience.

It's only a matter of time until the "lucky dip people" on the Ningaloo Reef and in Western Australia realize that there is much more money in showing people the animals than killing them. Killing & attacking the marine life will become like smoking- a bit silly.

Who would of said ten years ago that smoking will be stopped in Pubs, attacking the marine life for no other reason than for fun will go the same way.

Fishing is feeding the marine animals and conditioning sharks to associate boats and people with food. As more & more people come to Ningaloo Reef and get in the water to view the marine life, fishing bodies and operators may find themselves in court dealing with a shark attack victim's family, ie "the day defore you were fishing and feeding sharks near the local dive site - snorkel area were the shark victim was taken".

Times are changing!

http://www.fishinghurts.com

If you are planning on visiting Ningaloo reef, then make sure these guys are not on your list of where to spend your hard earnt dollars

Please email reservations@exmouthwa.com.au and voice your concerns that this type of person could be operating in a small town and damaging the lively hoods of other business.

Thanks for your time

Last edited by a moderator:
Crusty me mate, doesn't take much to upset you.
It looks to me like advertising gone wrong.
Businesses should not advertise bagging their competitors or in this case what activity they offer against other activities.
Like the Holden adds that bagged the Ford and vice versa. The result people bought Toyotas.
I don't think they really mean it mate, go on, book a dive tour with them.
Poida

Hey diver whats your point? I visited both sites and the only thing I found wrong is that you dont like organizations that seem to care about Marine Parks. The group seems to be trying to protect an area thats been deemed as a park and probably should prohibit spearfishing and other activitys that may have an impact on that eco-system. there are places like this all over the world and if it was'nt so We wouldnt be on here because spearfishing would be a boring sport. Let me explain, as Human population rise's and more people impact the enviroment such as more spearfisherman not to say its all their fault, but as a example.the population of species on areas most visited decline. to insure a stable eco-system we need to moderate the consumption. In this case I say thats what they are trying to do here.
If I was going to visit down under and was planning a spearfishing trip, if I logged onto their site I would definetly not choose these folk's simply by their home page announcment of their intentions and beliefs.
thankfuly, they have you to advertise for them and we can all see that their efforts need to be commended and its good to know Austrailia will have
some protection and that their aquatic preserves will be accomidating to recreational divers, spearfisherman and snorkelers. The first place you mentioned seems to be a good operator for spearfisherman and if they are overly impacting a certain area then they need to pay attention to concerns about their activitys. I didnt see a problem with them and they should be sucessful.
I believe some person replied to settle down I think you just need to get in the water and enjoy your sport. have a great dive and leave a little for mother nature!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT