• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

comparing different types of diving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

clogz

Aug 30, 2001
This may be not-so-clever question, but I was just wondering..

If one can do n meters dynamic, that can be 'turned' to constant weight capability with earlier mentioned formula, for example 100m dynamic corresponds ~58m constant weight.

Are there any kind of formulas or estimates how much this will be in free immersion? (rope, no fins)

Or if one can do n minutes static, how much constant, dynamic or free immersion he's capable to do?

Are these variables comparable at all?

juha

Conversions

I think there is a weak correlation between dynamic/constant/FI, but I don't think there is any relationship between static and anything, because all static tests is the ratio between your metabolic rate and your energy stores, it doesn't test your muscles or technique or anything. I have seen divers who could do 3:30 static and 55m+ constant, and divers (i.e. Andy LeSauce) who could do 7:30+ static and only 58m constant. Jean Delmarre is another example, 7+ static but only around 35-40m constant.

However, static can be useful to judge yourself against yourself. If your statics are unusually low (compared to your previous statics), you should have second thoughts about diving as deep as you have previously dove.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT