• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Competition in Ottawa, Canada June 3-5

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

wetmatt

Oct 19, 2002
Hello Everyone,

Registration is now online for the upcoming Eastern Regional Competition taking place in Ottawa, Ontario, June 3-5 2005.

http://www.freedivecanada.com/comp/june2005erc.html

This event will qualify for the AIDA ranking list and all are welcome.
Those who are not already CAFA members can sign up for a one year membership for $25cdn.

There will be Static (Friday night) Constant Weight (Saturday) and Dynamic (Sunday morning). There is no depth limit for the C.W. but athletes are asked to keep their statics to less than 11 minutes :)

There will be an awards barbecue Sunday following the competition, at a local restaurant.

Those who would like to help out either inwater or topside are encouraged to email me directly at matt@freedivecanada.com The more the merrier!

This will be a great way to kick off the season and get limbered up for the upcoming Canadian National Championships June 24-26, also in Ottawa.

Space is limited, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
Looking forward to seeing everyone here.
Cheers,

Matt Charlton
Director; Media and Member Relations
Canadian Association of Freediving and Apnea
www.freedivecanada.com

Preparations are well under way for the Eastern Regional Competiton in Ottawa, June 3 to 5.

If anyone is looking for accommodations, let me know. There's plenty of room at my place for competitors or volunteers coming in from out of town.

Jason

Just to comment on Jason's offer of lodging - his new house is HUGE (or maybe it just looks empty due to lack of furniture?). He could easily set the place up as a hostel and fit 20-30 people on the floor in the living room.
If the bath room showers get crowded people can take turns using the garden hose in the backyard, his neighbors won't mind.

I don't think it's that big, but we could certainly put up a bunch of people quite comfortably if need be with plenty garage and basement space to hand stinky wetsuits.

And if you're lucky, I just may even provide a turndown service with chocolate on your pillow and one of my yummy fruit smoothies for breakfast.

Jason Billows said:
And if you're lucky, I just may even provide a turndown service with chocolate on your pillow and one of my yummy fruit smoothies for breakfast.

Damn, is this offer open to people who currently live in Ottawa too? :cool:

Just for you Bolts. I'll set you up with a pillow in the cage along with our parrot.

Matt mentioned dinner the other day also. I think we'll be planning a big sushi feast or BBQ at his place or mine one night. And of course there will be the usual run down to the Irish Village for plenty of fun, dancing and beverages on Satuday evening I expect.

Oh yeah, and we'll probably manage to do some freediving during the competiton also.

Jason

Jason Billows said:
Just for you Bolts. I'll set you up with a pillow in the cage along with our parrot.

I'm feelin' the love... :cool: :hmm :D

The Nepean Sportsplex Pool has been confirmed for the Friday night static event and Sunday morning dynamic event. It's a great pool and we've used it in the past.

We're also looking into the possibility of hosting the precompetition briefing there. Details will be posted on www.freedivecanada.com in the competitons section.

Sign up is also open and I know there are lots of you who expressed interest by haven't yet signed up. Do it!

See you there.

Just a friendly reminder to everyone ... only two weeks to go before the ERC! There is still room for those who are interested ... but we encourage you to sign up soon! Remember, those of you south of the border are more than welcome to attend and we will help out with accommodations as best we can on a first come, first to bed basis.

Come see what Canada has to offer! (and yes, the snow has melted):cool:

www.freedivecanada.com

... or post your questions here.

Cheers,

Matt C.

New Constant Ballast location!

Earlier today the Ottawa Freedivers hooked up with some of the Freedive Toronto gang and headed to Charleston Lake. We dove an 82m deep trench off of a pontoon boat and it was an awesome day. So good in fact that it has been chosen as the new location for the Constant event at the upcoming ERC.

Hope to see some of you out at the comp. If you can`t make it next weekend keep posted to www.freedivecanada.com for updates and results.

Jason

Hey guys:
I am glad to hear that the preps for the upcoming competitions are ready!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend and I will be missing all of you in the water.

Dive deep and have lots of fun!

Cheers,

Roberto

Sorry I didn't get to see you before you left for the UK Roberto. Hope all goes well there. Well miss having you at the comp.

Jason

Hey Guys,

Great diving with you yesterday! I just read through this thread for the first time this morning and would just like to vouch for the quality of Jason's breakfast smoothies. They easily add 3 meters to your CW dive.

Jason, I just registered for the Nationals. I am up to 95% chance of attending now. I won't be able to pin down the last potential roadblock until the week before, but I expect to be able to work it out.

Good luck this weekend.

Matt

Good seeing you yesterday Matt.

Glad to hear you registered for the Nationals. Hopefully you can sort out that last 5% obstacle and be able to attend. If you can't, just bring her along. :)

Jason

Weather is looking good for the weekend. Constant event is expected to have 24c temp with sun. Should be a great competition.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT