• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Computer Game Research

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kogor

May 3, 2001
Hi Gang:

I am currently researching the history of diving for a computer game and could use some help.

Most importantly, I need to know what the standard depth ranges are for unassisted skin diving, scuba diving, and (for bonus points) diving with the big metal helmet and rubber suit with a hose running topside.

Just broad figures so I don't embarrass myself.

Thanks for the help. I need it. :head

OK, how about telling me where I can find out for myself.

You divers are a quiet bunch aren't you? :t

Here's some

Hi, here are some numbers. Breath-hold(apnea) divers tend to dive in the -30 to -80' range, but many can dive deeper...the record for this is -81 metres(267'). Recreational scuba divers are trained to dive to a maximum of around -130'(generally air-divers), but many dive deeper; technically trained scuba divers breathing tri-mix(helium, oxygen,nitrogen) dive to-300 or-400'(some deeper). The surface-supplied diving I've done is usually no deeper than-100', but some commercial divers work at-300 to -400'(also tri-mix). Comm divers working from a compressed chamber that stay compressed at the depth they are working at for a substantial amount of time(say, a couple of weeks) are called saturation divers, and there have been dives as deep as -2000'(strange combinations of inert gases, including neon), possibly deeper(feel free to correct my out-dated figures about this anyone).Good luck with your project,Erik:)

Muchas Gracias

Thanks loads. You are the man. I've only been scubaing once (Great Barrier Reef of all places) and that's what qualified me to design this game.

When there is something to see I promise to tell you guys the URL.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT