• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Computer programmers... a job for you.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ickledevil

take a breath and relax..
Apr 26, 2001
Hello,
I was wondering if there are any experianced/competant programmers out there, (wait I will get to freediving) I was thinking of making a computer programme, basically to time static and or dynamic apnea in front of your computer (guess that means jogging on the spot) but it would be good if you had a visible stopwatch, and when stopped it saved your time to a graph opr a table or similar, which could then be viewed and printed to see the progress. It would be really cool if it could also have a reminder to do your training, like a pop up screen that appears when your on the computer. It would be even better if you could choose when to have this happen, I know for me it'd be around 7pm.
Im sure there are loads of other things that could be added like onscreen instructions for your breath up, or an audible timer for either the length of each breath during breath up or as a reference during your static/dynamic, and obviously it would be helpfull if all these functions were customizablefor individuals.
Anyway I got carried away and rabbited on, I think the basics should be quite easy to programme (but still out of my grasp) but the buts that would make it really useful a bit more complicated. So is there anyone out there with the skills and the time to do it or any other ideas on what should be included. Im trying to get a friend to start on it for me. Oh and how many people would be interested in this??
Cheers
Joe:D

Oi vei

I'll grab it .... I'm a programmer ... and pretty bored with only three projects to work on at the moment ....

But why not post this on the net? Make it a website that keeps track of it .... I'm sure we know *someone* that can host it for us :D

I've already got a program that does some of this, but we're trying to figure out what to do with it. The more work I put into it, the more important it is to be compensated for it. So my question to you guys is, who would pay for a computer based training tool, and how much would you pay? Would you also be interested in training materials from the guys at Performance Freediving?

Glad to see the ever moving world of computer programming is keeping you all so busy ;)
Anyway thanks for taking on the guantlet, I think perople might be prepared to pay for some programmes or packages if they offered a lot. A programme that just timed you on your computer might not generate that much interest but maybe if it had included other training tools, reminders charts, help files advise pictures etc etc. Kind of like an interactive computer book that may generate more interest. Then I suppose you get into the realm of copyrights etc etc and having to make enough money to cover your overheads. Anyway just my two cents.
Joe
oh I know! just add in a freedive game, the odd naked mermaid and plentifull record size dumb fish and you'll have us all hooked. Isnt it crap when you 'have' to spend more time in front of the computer than in the water :head
Cheers
Joe

a game...

We would need an input device that detected inhale, exhale, and breath holding by the player. If the player started sucking air before getting the character to the surface... :rcard Wonder how many of us would drown as a result of not making it to the surface after being distracted by a Mermaid... :hungover Then there is that other legend, the siren... could be fun. Though to be nice to the gentler :naughty , or less hungry :p, folks you might want to offer a camera as one of the weapon choices for hunting those record setting fish. Hmm, guess that means there should be some Mermen too. :eek:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT